• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Pop starting early. Resting parker and manu for the home opener.

Mills +55
Parker -24

highest paid player in the nba mike conley didnt play 1 minute of the second quarter and he's apparently healthy

Nice 3-0 start for the Spurs. Beat the most talented team team in the league and the two best bigs.

I'm not sure it's "resting" at this point; Mills looks like the significantly better player

I think Pop still would prefer he anchor the scoring of the second unit though. Manu was better than the starting SG over him for years. Pop sees value in having that counter punch coming off the bench.

They play at 6 in Miami today so it was resting of the old guys rather than make them have a tight turnaround after a late flight. However, parker is certainly aging and mills is playing very well so if pop can't etc parkers attention mills will get more and more late game minutes. After last year it looks like it's for the best.

Start Parker and manage his minutes accordingly. Works for me.

Pop loves his juice unit. Mills is the engine that makes it run.

1d71012e2170f784ae59162b3493d526.png

HOF BELDSOE

Kawhi in the 4th quarter vs. the Heat was something else. 14 points in the last 6 minutes. No LMA. Just Kawhi's team. Mills with back-to-back 18 point games.

Kawhi in the 4th quarter vs. the Heat was something else. 14 points in the last 6 minutes. No LMA. Just Kawhi's team. Mills with back-to-back 18 point games.

Way too early leader for MVP, right?

Certainly helpful that Parker seems to be learning to take a back seat.

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: yeah, but just imagine if they had tyson chandler

Kawhi, Lebron, or Westbrook. Whoever's team surpasses expectations the most.

Westbrook could win on stats alone. He's the only player in a long time with a legit shot at challenging Oscar Robertson's triple-double record. He probably won't but he will make them seem commonplace.

The Warriors will cannibalize each other. Guys like KAT or Davis could do it if they lift their teams to a #6 or above.

Last edited:

Westbrook could win on stats alone. He's the only player in a long time with a legit shot at challenging Oscar Robertson's triple-double record. He probably won't but he will make them seem commonplace.

The Warriors will cannibalize each other. Guys like KAT or Davis could do it if they lift their teams to a #6 or above.

Although very early to project that, one could do a whole lot worse than ride those three.

I don't think anyone is going to want to see the TWolves in their first round matchup in the playoffs. Looks like the West is going to be brutal once again.

think Harden could be in the mix, similar reasons to Westbrook

Yeah. I was putting Harden in the category with KAT since the Rockets aren't a lock to make the playoffs.

Back