• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

You're still ignoring that Chandler sucks now. He's a 34 year old 7 footer that came straight out of high school. He might as well be 50.

And just looked and the fact that the Pacers are playing much faster and the game went overtime the Pacers defense wasn't that bad at all, they gave up 103.5 per 100 possesions which is slightly better than average defensive performance.

Love Embiid. He does not pass though. Didn't in pre-season and had 0 assists last night. I cannot recall from his Kansas days -- was he an average passer then?

game was fun

loudest game i've been to there since playoffs against bulls in '12

embiid shouting "YOU CAN'T GUARD ME" at Adams was great (i think embiid was 4-12 at that point)

The crowd was great watching on TV. Even when he missed that first three pointer, the crowd wanted it to go in so badly.

Yeah in preseason Embiid had 52 field goal attempts, 18 turnovers, and 0 assists. His usage last night was 47% which is insane, but really, who else should be using possessions on the sixers?

You're still ignoring that Chandler sucks now. He's a 34 year old 7 footer that came straight out of high school. He might as well be 50.

And just looked and the fact that the Pacers are playing much faster and the game went overtime the Pacers defense wasn't that bad at all, they gave up 103.5 per 100 possesions which is slightly better than average defensive performance.

He's still a better fit for the Pacers than Jefferson.

lol how the hell did the TYSON CHANDLER led Suns give up 113 points to the Kings in regulation? So much better than the 115 the Pacers gave up in regulation at a faster pace.

Jefferson making ~3.5 million less this year than Chandler

This isn't a video game, dude, you can't just move players around like that.

Actually, it's a little m ore than $2M according to Hoppshype and the Pacers are UNDER the cap.

Before making such statements, you should probably get some data correct.

Agree that Tyson Chandler should be the main NBA topic today, but don't forget about Raef Lafrentz. Let's talk about him a little bit.

It kinda seals the Cavs fate though. Cause it's clear the Pacers will represent the East this year just so we can have an "if only they had Tyson Chandler" running joke

Actually, it's a little m ore than $2M according to Hoppshype and the Pacers are UNDER the cap.

Before making such statements, you should probably get some data correct.

Doesn't mean the owners are trying to pay the cap.

Jefferson is making ~$10 million a year this season and next with a team option in year 3.

Chandler is making ~12.5 million, $13 million next year, and $13.5 in year 3.

All I'm saying is that it isn't simply an either/or situation, these movements don't happen in a vacuum.

How about the Sixers trade Okafor, Simmons and a 2020 1st Round pick for The Brow? :)

One of the reasons Embiid didn't pass much out of the post was that the other Sixers didn't move to open spaces when he had the ball. As to TOs, the guys have the ball the most, make the most TOs. Also, in one's first game after waiting two years, the player is going to be excited and more likely to commit TOs.

Doesn't mean the owners are trying to pay the cap.

Jefferson is making ~$10 million a year this season and next with a team option in year 3.

Chandler is making ~12.5 million, $13 million next year, and $13.5 in year 3.

All I'm saying is that it isn't simply an either/or situation, these movements don't happen in a vacuum.

When can afford either, your point about pay is totally irrelevant. It's about which player fits your team's needs better.

Back