• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

since when has being a player under contract with a team stopped any other team from just GETTING them

car-phone-kidnap-o.gif

Saw this on CBS from last night's recaps:

BAD LOSSES
Bucks: Were just soundly outplayed by a Hornets team they should be within range of, and at home to boot.
Warriors: Housed. On opening night. At Oracle. With Druant. By 29.
Rockets: I don't want to hear any more about "defensive assistant" Jeff Bdzelik who's going to make sure they defend in D'Antoni's system. Game over.

They gave up 115 points in regulation which terrible. So, the point still stands.

Defense is about team, not one player. Turner's D didn't stop the team from giving up 115 points in regulation.

But, you'll find a reason to bitch.

By the way, the Pacers have only one person listed as a C on their roster and he plays little D.

P.S. Your stat about when Turner was off the court proves my point even more.

Playing catch up. Just so I understand, the pacers need one extra guy (chandler) to fix their defense and that is all about the team effort.

I think I got it.

Saw this on CBS from last night's recaps:

BAD LOSSES
Bucks: Were just soundly outplayed by a Hornets team they should be within range of, and at home to boot.
Warriors: Housed. On opening night. At Oracle. With Druant. By 29.
Rockets: I don't want to hear any more about "defensive assistant" Jeff Bdzelik who's going to make sure they defend in D'Antoni's system. Game over.

Is that serious?

I really want Hoiberg to be that dude but I just can't imagine being a good NBA team with zero good shooters in your starting lineup.

I really want Hoiberg to be that dude but I just can't imagine being a good NBA team with zero good shooters in your starting lineup.
I love it. I think Rondo might be the best 3 point shooter in their starting lineup at this point? They were having Wade jack up like 5 per game in the preseason.

netw3rk's ringer piece about time traveling to the past and talking to his younger self about the future nba is great

Of course after I post that Butler and Wade both drain a 3.

Hoping my boy mcbuckets gets loose this year.

Can't remember where I first saw this - maybe here, maybe Lowe - but makes a lot of sense to have Wade play the Ginobli role as bench leader while sliding McBuckets into the starting lineup for some shooting.

Some intriguing individual talents on the Bulls, but it's hard to see it all coming together.

Back