• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

just got this cool rep

"Their original decision was the correct one. She was hired to sing the national anthem, not make a political statement. Not surprised you don't understand that, though."

Bomani Jones had an absolutely perfect segment on this yesterday. I'll see if I can find it.

Bomani is probably my favorite ESPN personality. His Twitter is a little annoying because everything turns into a race argument with angry white dudes.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

If you throw a rock at a pack of dogs, the one that gets hit will yelp. The people who have knee jerk negative responses to BLM messages are the people who the messages are aimed at.

If disagreeing with using a sporting event as a way to express political outrage, then sure, it is a knee jerk negative response.

There's a reason this person left it in rep and not on the thread, I imagine. It's not an easy viewpoint to defend, as the Sixers quickly found out.

Its an easy viewpoint to defend, actually.

NBA and the 76ers are a business and if they felt that the singer had the potential to hurt their business, they had every right to deny her the right to sing while wearing the "WE MATTER" t-shirt.

Same goes for Curt Schilling. ESPN had the right to fire him, after he made multiple anti-LGBT posts on twitter multiple times.

It works both ways.

Bomani is probably my favorite ESPN personality. His Twitter is a little annoying because everything turns into a race argument with angry white dudes.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

So, just because they disagree with Mr. Jones, that makes them angry? Try to be a little more tolerant.

Thanks.

Classic privilege: confining politics - identity or otherwise - to spaces where you want them. I say that knowing you won't agree, but still.

In this thread we feign indignation that people who view sports as entertainment don't like something they didn't find entertaining, and have a *super* productive convo about it

people don't find people singing while wearing a t-shirt that says "we matter" entertaining? holy shit sounds like some people need a safe space

people are totally anti-PC until someone says or does something they disagree with in the slightest then they shit themselves and cry

In this thread we feign indignation that people who view sports as entertainment don't like something they didn't find entertaining, and have a *super* productive convo about it

Exactly. That's the problem with this country right now. Way too much focus on serious issues and public policy and not nearly enough concern for keeping us all entertained.

people are totally anti-PC until someone says or does something they disagree with in the slightest then they shit themselves and cry

Yep. Don't date call someone deplorable.

Bestbrook with 42 fga tonight. 47/12/10 line.

These Jazz uniforms look like women's volleyball uniforms from the 70s or something.

Back