• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Compulsory Diaw vertical story

“Boris walks into the gym one day wearing flip-flops and holding his customary cappuccino, which was a staple for him every morning,” Griffin recalled. “It was during pre-draft workouts, so he sees the Vertec [machine] and asks what it is.

“We tell him it measures your vertical leap by determining how many of the bars you can touch. He asks what’s the highest anyone has ever gone, and we tell him Amare’ [Stoudemire] cleared the entire rack.

“Boris puts down the cappuccino, takes off his flip-flops and clears the entire rack on the first try. Then he calmly puts his flip-flops back on, picks up his cappuccino and walks away, saying, ‘That was not difficult.'”

Duncan should sign a 10-day contract at the end of this season, so he can do the Hall of Fame deal without Kobe/Garnett/Allen.

Tim deserves his own ceremony.

Tim may not even show up. Let Kobe and KG attention whore it up.

What in the world else would you call Sullinger besides a post player?

He fancies himself a stretch 4, but he's not a great shooter. He's one of the best rebounders on a percentage basis in the NBA, though.

He (Sullinger) is a post player that cannot defend the post and can go out and hit jumpers. His offensive post game is okay. It's wiley. He doesn't get much lift off the floor. I consider him a poor man's Boris Diaw, but like Diaw he is unable to guard the rim. That's going to be a problem when V-card is out for a week or so.

What the fuck are you talking about? He's almost nothing like Diaw, outside of an okay ability to extend his shot to the mid-range. Sullinger is a shit passer and a great rebounder, and his defense is just average.

Sixers traded Jerami Grant to OKC.

Dammit. Woj bombed me. I love Jerami.

ETA: for Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick.

Traded for what?

@BobbyMarks42 4m4 minutes ago
Jerami Grant contract is non-guaranteed for this season and in 2017-18. OKC will go $7.1m under the salary cap with this trade.

Tim may not even show up. Let Kobe and KG attention whore it up.

He'll show up, and his speech will be "Thank you" while he ducks his head and raises his palm up momentarily before quickly turning away and walking back to his seat.

Sixers traded Jerami Grant to OKC.

Dammit. Woj bombed me. I love Jerami.

ETA: for Ersan Ilyasova and a conditional future pick.

Grant is on my fantasy team. What dis mean for me?

@ZachLowe_NBA 47s48 seconds ago
Can confirm OKC is sending a protected FIRST for Jerami Grant. That surprises me.

ok starting to hate it less but still

i guess it amounts to a salary dump for okc and a protected first for sixers

wgaf about ersan it's not like this impacts their playoff chances, they got a 1st for Jerami Grant.

yea

ilyasova will likely be waived, looks like

@WojVerticalNBA 44s45 seconds ago
The stringent protections on OKC conditional first-round pick to Sixers for Grant make what league executives call "a fake first" in deal.

idk what any of this means someone tell me what to think i really liked jerami grant

conditional 1sts usually end up as either back-end 1sts or 2nd rounders, to be fair

not really sure what Grant brings to the table for OKC. they seem to be crazy about Roberson, and I can't see Grant taking time away from the PF rotation

Back