• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Which goes along with his 20 total rebounds in 2.75 games and 1 bpg.

Make no mistake about it, I applaud his agent for suckering a team into paying a career scrub $17M/season for one good playoff. But signings like his are why bad teams stay bad.

Good lord. Their salary page is ridiculous. Evan Fournier and Bismack for $17 mil a year. Paying Jeff Green $15 million a year is somehow their most reasonable contract.

What is Golden State's record right now? I'm having trouble finding it.

much like the lead they blew in the NBA Finals last year, they are 3-1

I'm really glad I drafted George Hill this year, ridiculous blonde hair and all

I'm really glad I drafted George Hill this year, ridiculous blonde hair and all

He's lost the blonde hair. Most ridiculous hair award is down to Aaron Baynes, Beno Udrih (believe it or not - I think he has a blonde ponytail but the rest of his hair black, if my eyes weren't tricked), Jeremy Lin, and the Payton kid in Orlando

And of course Dennis Schroeder who has somehow managed a hairstyle that most people would keep for 2 days as a lark before getting shamed into fixing it.

Eflrid's hair is hilarious. Still can't tell if he is in on the joke though.

Good lord. Their salary page is ridiculous. Evan Fournier and Bismack for $17 mil a year. Paying Jeff Green $15 million a year is somehow their most reasonable contract.

In this era, Green's number is not that bad. He has a career scoring average of about 14 ppg and has never averaged under 10.5 ppg. He plays decent D and can run the court. Biyambo had a good two weeks or so.

CwROoNRWAAE7jUM.jpg

Boogie fouled out with six fouls in the fourth quarter. That is not a mistake. He committed all six fouls in the fourth quarter.

Harden had 15 assists and 1 turnover, was +10 last night, and the Rockets lost by 8.

Zach Lowe also tweeted that like 94% of Rockets' offensive possessions involve Harden. I feel bad for the dude. He'll never be a great defender, but the only player in the league that can play good defense while maintaining an insane usage rate on the other end is LeBron James.

Edit: maybe Kahwi too? Idk his usage numbers though.

Nah, fam. Kawhi and Anthony Davis do it too. Russell's D is streets ahead of Harden's.

Kawhi's usage is going to very high this year. They can't afford to just have him spotting up on the wing anymore.

current top 10 usage

1. westbrook - 41.8
2. harden - 37.3
3. embiid - 36.9
4. derozan - 36.8
5. wall - 34.4
6. AD - 34.3
7. boogie - 33.8
8. dame - 33.4
t9. kawhi - 31.9
t9. z-bo - 31.9

not all usage is created equal i would say, having primary ball handling duties is way more energy consuming than some of these guys that just get up a lot of shots (black hole-ish)

Russy Assist % - 59.3
Harden Assist % - 54.7

Am I missing something here? Russell's numbers look correct, since 41.8 + 59.3 are close to 100% (just slightly over).

But for Harden, 37.3 + 54.7 = 92. What the hell is happening on the other 8% of Rockets plays?

Russy Assist % - 59.3
Harden Assist % - 54.7

Am I missing something here? Russell's numbers look correct, since 41.8 + 59.3 are close to 100% (just slightly over).

But for Harden, 37.3 + 54.7 = 92. What the hell is happening on the other 8% of Rockets plays?

well both usage and assist % aren't exact, just approximations.

also, something like o-reb put back is an entirely new possesion in which harden or russ aren't involved

maybe my all-time favorite NBA player

he had a classic noah stat line last night: 2 point, 12 boards, 8 assists, 2 blocks

they [Redacted]'d themselves. as poorly as he will coach the defensive side of things he is just loser. who could possibly overcome his bad mojo? jordan and lebron probably.

Back