• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

It's not just the Boogie trade. The Kings have a lot of incentive to lose. They can't risk falling out of the top 10 on lottery night. They will trade Collison. They are waiving Matt Barnes (who has been playing well and helps gets wins). They are going to be putting a horrible product on the floor.

I just learned Solomon Hill and Etwaan Moore are actual NBA players, and both have 4 year $10 mil dollar deals.

Do the Lakers now pass the Kings and lose their pick as a result? How many games do the Kings win the rest of the way out?

I'm digging a Jazz/Pellies/Rockets path to the finals vs the Wizards for my CLIPS

The Kings are 5 games ahead of the Lakers with 25 left.

Or put another way, does he want to go home enough that he takes less than the max that he'd have to have taken if Kyrie wasn't on a rookie deal making $5 mil a year? #trusttheprocess

Probably not. But would he have gone to any rando franchise with assets? No.

Which superstar is going to go to Philly and would they give him the amount of control the Cavs give Lebron?

Probably not. But would he have gone to any rando franchise with assets? No.

Which superstar is going to go to Philly and would they give him the amount of control the Cavs give Lebron?

I'd bet on one of Harden, Westbrook, CP3, Paul George, Isiah Thomas, Blake, Lebron ending up with the Sixers if a few of those assets pan out in the next 5 years.

Kawhi, Harden, Butler, are available in 2 years.

Durant, Curry, Blake, Lebron, CP3, Anthony Davis in 3 years. The 3 years after this year is where you'll find your ring chasers. No one's beating GSW before that anyways, so any picks that can get you stars that aren't max players by that period are your most valuable assets.

Last edited:
If a bunch of young talent that hasn't proven anything couldn't convince superstars to go to the LA Lakers it's not going to convince them to go to Philadelphia

new CBA is gonna make superstar FA movement even less likely. incentived early extensions instead of waiting for your contract to expire like the last CBA, while making it even more financial costly to leave.

only guys who absolutely hate where they are and are dying for somewhere in particular are gonna go.

Were they ever 1 superstar away? or had they donked away most of their space on Eric Gordons, Tyreke Evanses Omer Asik's and Jrue Holidays of the world?

You moved the goal posts, but I see what you're saying. Jrue may actually look like a star on this team, though. He was on a tear before the All-Star Break.

Lakers wouldn't give up trash ass Brandon Ingram for Boogie.

Yeah, really, what's up with Ingram? Can't say I've watched the Lakers at all. His stats are absolutely terrible.

Lolz, Lakers.

He suuuucks. I'm going ahead and calling him a bust.

Back