• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson Ross was non-tendered by a team currently rolling with Luis Perdomo, Christian Friedrich, Paul Clemens, Jarred Cosart, and Cesar Vargas. A non-contender will give him a pillow deal and probably DFA him before he pitches in the show.

Tyson Ross was non-tendered by a team currently rolling with Luis Perdomo, Christian Friedrich, Paul Clemens, Jarred Cosart, and Cesar Vargas. A non-contender will give him a pillow deal and probably DFA him before he pitches in the show.

The fact that they couldn't get anything in return for him means you could be right. But we'll see - Preller has done plenty of other dumb things.

Seems Chicago might actually be willing to deal Sale this time. Washington front runner, which I think makes sense given their window versus Houston or Boston. Hope it hurts to the tune of Robles/Lopez+

Seems Chicago might actually be willing to deal Sale this time. Washington front runner, which I think makes sense given their window versus Houston or Boston. Hope it hurts to the tune of Robles/Lopez+

What gives you that impression? Everything I've read says that they won't lower their asking price for Sale (e.g. they want Turner from the Nationals, which obviously ain't happening).

What gives you that impression? Everything I've read says that they won't lower their asking price for Sale (e.g. they want Turner from the Nationals, which obviously ain't happening).

There are a ton of reports from the Winter Meetings that the Nats and White Sox are close. All of them confirm that Turner is not part of the talks, but the Nats top position player prospect (Robles) and pitching prospect (Giolito) are. As the Nats also need a closer, there are rumors that White Sox closer David Robertson may also be part of the deal (which would likely even more of the Nats prospects, Fedde, Lopez, Severino, would be in the deal).

.@RedSox acquire RHP Tyler Thornburg from @Brewers for INF Travis Shaw, INF Mauricio Dubon, RHP Josh Pennington, PTBN or cash.

Dubon is interesting. He had a good year offensively in AA, and might be a good super utility guy.

Whoa. Moncada, Kopech, and two other prospects to White Sox.

Dealin' Dave.

update, literally 20 minutes later:

fuck it, I've talked myself into this shit. let's fuckin' go

Wow - did not see that coming. Seems like a win/win. Playoff rotation of Price/Sale/Porcello/Wright? Pretty sick.

Our rotation is going to be dirty.

I honestly think Pomeranz is the third best starter in that rotation (behind Sale and Price), but this makes me wonder why the fuck we gave up Espinoza at all if Pom is going to be relegated to battling for a rotation spot.

Wow - did not see that coming. Seems like a win/win. Playoff rotation of Price/Sale/Porcello/Wright? Pretty sick.

Except for this:

David Price in the post-season: 9 starts 2-8 5.54 ERA
Rick Porcello in the post-season: 9 games 0-3 5.66 ERA

Wright and Sale have never pitched in the post-season, but Wright is 31 year-old, who resurrected his career as a knuckle-baller, and knuckle-ballers and are very unreliable in the post-season (RA Dickey 0-1 7.11 ERA; Tim Wakefield 5-7 6.75 ERA)

Except for this:

David Price in the post-season: 9 starts 2-8 5.54 ERA
Rick Porcello in the post-season: 9 games 0-3 5.66 ERA

Wright and Sale have never pitched in the post-season, but Wright is 31 year-old, who resurrected his career as a knuckle-baller, and knuckle-ballers and are very unreliable in the post-season (RA Dickey 0-1 7.11 ERA; Tim Wakefield 5-7 6.75 ERA)

I don't really think that postseason stats have much predictive value for the most part.

I don't really think that postseason stats have much predictive value for the most part.

Agree with that for the most part, but David Price's post-season struggles are so pervasive and consistent over 7 seasons that it is starting to move from statistical anomaly to statistically predictive. 66 post-season innings. 0-8 in 9 post-season starts, surrendering more than 3 or more runs in 8 of 9 post-season starts.

Also, have major doubts about Rick Porcello putting together anything like his 2016 season again. We shall see. With that said, Sale is a stud, and barring injury, he will win a ridiculous number of games with his arm backed up the Red Sox offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back