• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Safest bet in sports...Rick Barnes will lose in Chapel Hill.

Roy Williams has basically wasted three years of Justin Jackson's life. If JJ had a college coach, I think he would have been a Top 10 pick. He's got all the talent in the world. He's a perfect Pop pick. After a couple of years with Pop, Jackson could become a really good NBA player.
He wasn't a good shooter when he first got to college, nor was he a good ball-handler. He's not a great athlete, either. No, he wouldn't have been, regardless of the coach.

You also wanted the Spurs to get Denzel Valentine and thought he could step right in this year for Danny Green. He's looking good so far. 2.2 PPG, 2.59 PER.

Last edited:
Something interesting thus far this season is that Baylor's Jonathan Motley is the darling of the media. He's basically the same player as JC. With the exception of FT%, JC's numbers are better in fewer minutes. Our SID needs to promote JC.

Motley is the top player for a top 5 team that was a #5 seed and a #3 seed in the last 2 NCAA tourneys... I wouldn't say it is an issue with our SID, rather it is an issue with our mediocre (at best) team.

What the heck is going on in LA? Both USC and UCLA are undefeated. Year four and Andy Enfield is starting to look like a really good hire for the Trojans.

What the heck is going on in LA? Both USC and UCLA are undefeated. Year four and Andy Enfield is starting to look like a really good hire for the Trojans.

USC is improved under Enfield, but their record is a little deceiving at 9-0. USC's best win is against #35 Texas A&M. Six of their wins are against teams #158 or worse, and their remaining three opponents before PAC 12 play are awful (Troy, Cornell and Missouri State). Must wait until conference play before we know whether they are legit.

Last edited:
USC is improved under Enfield, but there record is a little deceiving at 9-0. USC's best win is against #35 Texas A&M. Six of their wins are against teams #158 or worse, and their remaining three opponents before PAC 12 play are awful (Troy, Cornell and Missouri State). Must wait until conference play before we know whether they are legit.

Their PAC 12 record will be inflated as well. This is a very weak year for their conference.

Between Bz's 3rd and 4th year was when he went to USC.

The point was it is Endfield's fourth year. Danny is only in his third.

BTW, I wasn't alone calling for firing B ZZ and hiring enfield.

The point was it is Endfield's fourth year. Danny is only in his third.

BTW, I wasn't alone calling for firing B ZZ and hiring enfield.

Enfield made the tourney in his 3rd year at USC.

TSU exposed State. An athletic team that plays solid 1/2 court D and rebounds es no bueno for the Pack. If Anya didn't have a career game, they lose. Anyone see the TSU coach after Smith's meaningless breakaway dunk up 8 with less than 10 seconds to play?

Group of TSU players and fans behind the bench were talking shit to DSJ and the rest of the NCSU guys all game. Gets what they ask for. It doesn't take an athletic team to give State problems so far and we have been an absolutely defensive rebounding team so far. Rowan and Yurt coming back are what Wolfpack fans are hoping will improve that but it's a serious issue so far. Nice to see the improvement on the defensive end this game though, held Tenn State to their lowest FG% of the season. The offense will be fine as all of the pieces gel, defense (And DSJ) will determine if NCSU can make any noise or not this year

Notre Dame up 14 at halftime on the road against Purdue. They're better than I thought they'd be this year after losing Auguste and Jackson.

By early in the second game, the CBS play-by-play guy might need a sub if he tried to hang with Raf in Vegas.

Monk with 26, and it's not even halftime.

Notre Dame up 14 at halftime on the road against Purdue. They're better than I thought they'd be this year after losing Auguste and Jackson.

Purdue goes small in the second half and pulls it out. Notre Dame not impressive in the second half.

Back