• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Not sure what else he could do. Indefinite suspension seems appropriate. At this point it's as much about his safety as it is the safety of others because he'll get popped in the nose pulling that shit from here on out.

Looking at their schedule, Duke will suspend Allen for 3 games:

- He had to be suspended for one game or the league was going to suspend him anyway. So, Allen will miss the Duke ACC Opener at VT (which could cost Duke, but K will play the "us" against the world card to rally the team)
- Duke's next two are as easy as it gets: GT home; BC home; Duke can win with or without Allen. So, the suspension will extend for those two as well.

After those 3 games, Duke will claim that it took the high road disciplining Allen longer than was necessary, that Allen has soul-searched and is a changed player and then Allen will be back when he is needed for games at FSU and at L'ville.

I wonder what changed for K between the incident occurring, him playing in the second half, and the indefinite suspension.

Did anyone enjoy watching Scheyer console him on the bench as much as I did?

Ugly faces for dayzzzzzzz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear lord how are you so wrong about literally everything.

Grayson is making this out like his tripping habit is some illness that he has to overcome. Even his apology had the whole "let me talk about how I'm not going to talk about what led to this" bullshit.

You can cry post game if you suffered a season ending injury, made a boneheaded decision that cost your team the game, or mouthed off to the ref without thinking and picked up a T. You don't get to cry after the game and act like you had no control over your actions when you intentionally trip someone.

Sarcasm?

Allen and dook under the microscope. UNC hoops notified about illegal benefits. It really is Christmas.

Allen and dook under the microscope. UNC hoops notified about illegal benefits. It really is Christmas.

Loved that segue from the studio, something like "Bad news if you're a Duke or UNC fan... Good news for Wake Forest fans, Deacs up on LSU."

So the St. Petersburg Bowl is in a dome right, so why does the field look wet?

Watching Michigan St struggle is a great reminder that even the best coaches need good players to succeed.

Texas isn't very good.

Shaka and his boys are going to be shit on even all year and even more so once conference play begins, by far the worst team in the big 12.

Last edited:
Ouch. Is it a talent problem or coaching problem? Thought the guy was a solid X and O guy

Shaka and his boys are going to be shit on even all year and even more so once conference play begins, by far the worst team in the big 12.

Has Shaka not landed any big recruits yet?

Ouch. Is it a talent problem or coaching problem? Thought the guy was a solid X and O guy

They have the talent they're just young. They have 7 upperclassmen and 3 play less than 4 min a game. Don't get me wrong though they're loaded but they're going to get run off the floor by WVU twice, BU twice, KU twice and will be lucky to split with the other big 12 teams. This is a team that is very talented but will be lucky to make the NIT.

Has Shaka not landed any big recruits yet?

He has, Jerrett Allen is by far the biggest, 5 star and he's averaging 28.1 min a game and 10.1 points. Jones, Banks and Young all high 4 stars: Jones is averaging 21.0 and 9.8, Banks 16.2 and 1.6. and Young with 17.9 and 4.1

Last edited:
Back