• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Watching Michigan St struggle is a great reminder that even the best coaches need good players to succeed.
Also interesting that Izzo brought in arguably his best recruiting class ever.

Also interesting that Izzo brought in arguably his best recruiting class ever.

True, but Bridges is hurt and hasn't played in a couple of weeks and the upper classmen on MSU are not very good. MSU may well be a very good team by the end of the season but they're very much a work in progress at the moment.

Texas has only one game left that is an expected win in Kenpom. And that's a 54% chance. Yikes.

Related: The Big 12 is much better than I had thought (again).

Houston (who lost to LSU by 19) is up 44-18 on UConn. WOEW has UConn fallen apart.

UVA up 19 on the road against Louisville.

Me: "Hey, this Oregon/UCLA game could be fun to watch". After seeing that Bill Walton is calling the game and is wearing a tie dyed Pac 12 t-shirt to do so: "Hmmm, maybe not."

Me: "Hey, this Oregon/UCLA game could be fun to watch". After seeing that Bill Walton is calling the game and is wearing a tie dyed Pac 12 t-shirt to do so: "Hmmm, maybe not."

He's as insufferable as Dick Vitale, IMO.

I assume play by play guys get hazard pay (or some sort of extra comp) when calling a game with Walton?

I do enjoy the geography lessons. But his UCLA colors def come out

I do enjoy the geography lessons. But his UCLA colors def come out

His bitching about Oregon not getting charged with a tech because students rushed the floor was extremely biased.

Nice win for UVA last night, although they were once again shaky down the stretch offensively. I thought Louisville's length was going to really bother them, but Louisville had an unusually sloppy offensive game. Offensive consistency is going to be their issue going forward. But the interesting stat from last night's game is that Hall was the only double digit scorer on either team with 10 points. Can't remember the last time seeing 10 lead all scorers. Probably when Bennett was at WSU and there were often scores like 41-38.

The difference is Busey was drunk and stoned. Walton is doing his job sober.

No idea how basketball's version of Gary Busey still has a job commentating. It's like watching a game with your confused drunk uncle.

You just don't understand the Conference of Champions. Read Phil Knight's (perhaps the greatest man in the history on mankind) book and maybe you will become enlightened. Then move to El Cajon.

Watching USC/Oregon and my wife an I are having to provide our own Bill Walton commentary since the game is on FS1. I keep talking about climbing the Atlas Mountains and extolling the virtues of John Wooden and she drops "CONFERENCE OF CHAMPIONS" every couple of minutes.

Back