• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Miami beat the hell out of NCSU today. Defense on the P/R and dribble/drive was atrocious. We will see if this NCSU team is even worth thinking about next game at home against Vt.

Florida St wins at Virginia. Wake should have little trouble winning there next Sunday.

Bacon was on fire in the 2nd half. And someone blew an assignment on that last shot - they ended up with Wilkins half heartedly guarding him. This is a good FSU team. Hamilton's teams usually play strong D, and this team does. And they're not as offensively challenged as Hamilton's teams typically are. Mayes and Bacon are a darn good backcourt. They could be a tough out in the tourney. Fun game to watch yesterday.

So far even BC looks capable of defending their home floor. It's going to be a wild ACC season.

Cuse is a disaster. Down by 22 at BC.

Well, we've already surpassed the 8 wins from the year of our Lord Bzaster #1.

Yeah their AD is top rung when you consider he went and got a GOOD (notice I didn't say tall former player) basketball coach who is a winner and coaches like he means it.

I doubt this is comparable. Williams wanted out of Marquette, VT was open, somebody hooked up VT with Williams. VT did not have to do a coaching search. VT was very, very lucky.

The question for a former player like DM, is can he even relate to a kid that is not as gifted as he was. The guy carried his team to the National Championship, I'm betting Larry Brown did not call a lot of time outs to coach up Manning. The question is does he even comprehend what a 3 star recruit needs from game to game. 5 stars can fall back on their athletic gifts, we don't have those players.

Based on that logic, Manning can relate to 5 star recruits so he needs to land them.

I'd be ok with that, then I wouldn't care if he saved his TO's.

I doubt this is comparable. Williams wanted out of Marquette, VT was open, somebody hooked up VT with Williams. VT did not have to do a coaching search. VT was very, very lucky.

The question for a former player like DM, is can he even relate to a kid that is not as gifted as he was. The guy carried his team to the National Championship, I'm betting Larry Brown did not call a lot of time outs to coach up Manning. The question is does he even comprehend what a 3 star recruit needs from game to game. 5 stars can fall back on their athletic gifts, we don't have those players.

Whit Babcock and Buzz had a good relationship and were at the same school together some years back. Think it was Cincinnati. Babcock is proving to be a fantastic AD. Weaver just cared about football. Babcock has made great football and hoops hires and has been cleaning house in the non-revenue programs.

I'm curious to see what Marshall does this year under Dan D'Antoni, brother to Mike D'Antoni. He was a long-time NBA assistant, but is now in his 3rd year with the Thundering Herd, where he also played.

He is 2-0 in conference with close OOC losses to Cincinnati (#19, 91-93 OT) and Pitt (#56, 106-112). One bad loss to Eastern Kentucky (#263), don't know why they played them away. They have a highly-rated offense and take a lot of 3s. Their defense is poor.

He is apparently a big proponent of analytics. They have improved each year, but can he make the dance this year? Marshall's biggest in-conference test will be against Middle Tennessee (#63).

I'm curious to see what Marshall does this year under Dan D'Antoni, brother to Mike D'Antoni. He was a long-time NBA assistant, but is now in his 3rd year with the Thundering Herd, where he also played.

He is 2-0 in conference with close OOC losses to Cincinnati (#19, 91-93 OT) and Pitt (#56, 106-112). One bad loss to Eastern Kentucky (#263), don't know why they played them away. They have a highly-rated offense and take a lot of 3s. Their defense is poor.

He is apparently a big proponent of analytics. They have improved each year, but can he make the dance this year? Marshall's biggest in-conference test will be against Middle Tennessee (#63).

Yeah he went off on a reporter last week who asked him why he didn't get the ball in the post more.

THEY ALSO ADD RONDALE NEXT YEAR!

Back