• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

Indiana on the verge of falling to IPFW in Fort Wayne. Down 1 with 2.9 seconds left in OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final--IPFW 71, Indiana 68. The Mastodons first ever win over a team ranked in the Top 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the NW/Notre Dame game, it looks like our game with ND could easily be decided on whose mismatches are working that night. We will have a tough time matching up with Vasturia and Colson. They should have big problems with JC and Bryant.

It's kinda wild to have that many mismatches in one game that seem to balance each other out.

Should Harry Giles play for Duke this season?

"His whole deal is going to come down to what the docs say about his knee," one high-ranking NBA executive said. "If he wants to go No. 1, he has to come back, play well and have his knee check out. He could go high, but not No. 1, if he doesn't play and his knee checks out. If he doesn't play and his knee doesn't check out, it'll be a free-fall."

"One more ACL injury, and it's difficult to imagine him being taken in the first round," another NBA executive said. "Or maybe even drafted at all."

Should Harry Giles play for Duke this season?

"His whole deal is going to come down to what the docs say about his knee," one high-ranking NBA executive said. "If he wants to go No. 1, he has to come back, play well and have his knee check out. He could go high, but not No. 1, if he doesn't play and his knee checks out. If he doesn't play and his knee doesn't check out, it'll be a free-fall."
"One more ACL injury, and it's difficult to imagine him being taken in the first round," another NBA executive said. "Or maybe even drafted at all."
Find that hard to believe. Someone will take a flyer on him in the 1st even if he has another injury. Potential reward is too high relative to the risk.

LSU down by 30 to Wichita State. Lol, Johnny Jones.

Find that hard to believe. Someone will take a flyer on him in the 1st even if he has another injury. Potential reward is too high relative to the risk.

Agreed. No way a playoff franchise passes on him in the mid-1st.

Agree. Look at the first round picks over the past 10 years. After the first 10 selections (sometimes the first 5), the results are really spotty (as an example, picks 11 through 30 from the 2012 NBA draft are listed below) the majority of the players drafted in the mid to late first round end up contributing very little. A team with a mid-1st round pick would take the chance on an elite player instead of taking a player with a low ceiling, who will likely washout in the next 3 years.

1 11 Meyers Leonard C United States Portland Trail Blazers Illinois (So.)
1 12 Jeremy Lamb SG United States Houston Rockets (from Milwaukee)[c] Connecticut (So.)
1 13 Kendall Marshall PG United States Phoenix Suns North Carolina (So.)
1 14 John Henson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks (from Houston)[c] North Carolina (Jr.)
1 15 Maurice Harkless SF Puerto Rico[n 2] Philadelphia 76ers St. John's (Fr.)
1 16 Royce White PF United States Houston Rockets (from New York)[d] Iowa St. (So.)
1 17 Tyler Zeller C United States Dallas Mavericks (traded to Cleveland)[A] North Carolina (Sr.)
1 18 Terrence Jones PF United States Houston Rockets (from Utah via Minnesota)[e] Kentucky (So.)
1 19 Andrew Nicholson PF Canada Orlando Magic St. Bonaventure (Sr.)
1 20 Evan Fournier SG France Denver Nuggets Poitiers Basket (France)
1 21 Jared Sullinger PF United States Boston Celtics Ohio St. (So.)
1 22 Fab Melo C Brazil Boston Celtics (from L.A. Clippers via Oklahoma City)[f] Syracuse (So.)
1 23 John Jenkins SG United States Atlanta Hawks Vanderbilt (Jr.)
1 24 Jared Cunningham SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers (from L.A. Lakers,[g] traded to Dallas)[A] Oregon St. (Jr.)
1 25 Tony Wroten PG United States Memphis Grizzlies Washington (Fr.)
1 26 Miles Plumlee C United States Indiana Pacers Duke (Sr.)
1 27 Arnett Moultrie PF United States Miami Heat (traded to Philadelphia) Mississippi St. (Jr.)
1 28 Perry Jones III SF United States Oklahoma City Thunder Baylor (So.)
1 29 Marquis Teague PG United States Chicago Bulls Kentucky (Fr.)
1 30 Festus Ezeli C Nigeria Golden State Warriors (from San Antonio)[h] Vanderbilt (Sr.)

I'd argue he'd go top 10 even if he blew out his knee again.

Oddly enough Giles draft floor is much lower if he plays than if he skips the entire season.

NCSU with high expectations and not living up to it. Not sure why I expect any less from my team. Our defense is as bad as i've ever seen.

I wish the college basketball media would stop telling me I should feel sorry for Duke.

Back