• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

There were 3 really good games I was going back and forth on at 1:00 = ours, Lville edging Tech and Kansas edging Baylor. Not overly interested in tonight's UVA/UNC game - think Carolina will handle UVA easily.

And that's what happened.

Yeah, I watched some stand-up instead. This team isn't that talented. But they do a good job handling business against decent and bad teams. Which I think is a testament to the packline defense. This is a less athletic team than the last few, but they still make it tough for decent teams to score on. They just come up short against teams with superior talent. Same could be said for Dino's teams that were offensively challenged but were good FG% D teams.

Purdue has an insane front court.

Caleb Swanigan is a monster (and thanks again, Rusty, for being incompetent and letting Isaac Haas walk).

Given the fact Haas hadn't signed anything, how did Rusty let "Isaac Haas walk"?

How about Izzo "letting Swanningan walk"? Swanningan had committed to to Michigan State before going to Purdue.

Last edited:
Yeah, I watched some stand-up instead. This team isn't that talented. But they do a good job handling business against decent and bad teams. Which I think is a testament to the packline defense. This is a less athletic team than the last few, but they still make it tough for decent teams to score on. They just come up short against teams with superior talent. Same could be said for Dino's teams that were offensively challenged but were good FG% D teams.

Not sure I understand. Dino's teams had superior talent.

Not sure I understand. Dino's teams had superior talent.

You're right. Imperfect comparison. But Dino sought out Bennett's dad when he took over for Skip and went to the packline, and our defense was dramatically improved over Skip's defenses. Trouble was Dino was quite challenged as an offensive coach. Maybe Danny could bring him back as a defensive assistant. (I know, silly thought.) Guess I'm just saying I'm a big believer in the packline. Bennett's Ds have been great when he has had good athletes, and it's still very good this year when they don't have the horses.

Bzd was a weird bird.

Suffice to say that we all love WF and none of us would have wanted to play for him.

You're right. Imperfect comparison. But Dino sought out Bennett's dad when he took over for Skip and went to the packline, and our defense was dramatically improved over Skip's defenses. Trouble was Dino was quite challenged as an offensive coach. Maybe Danny could bring him back as a defensive assistant. (I know, silly thought.) Guess I'm just saying I'm a big believer in the packline. Bennett's Ds have been great when he has had good athletes, and it's still very good this year when they don't have the horses.

If we are able to pull someone from ESPN to be Danny's DC, I'd rather have Greenberg.

Back