• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

NCSU with high expectations and not living up to it. Not sure why I expect any less from my team. Our defense is as bad as i've ever seen.

You have the same issue we have, a coach who won't or just doesn't know how to coach defense

Is Smith's knee still that bad?

No Smith has been fine, and I'd say has looked really good in 5 of 7 games. He's still learning. Mav Rowan has been out from game 1 with a concussion, Omer Yurtseven is suspended 9 games due to being foreign, and Ted Kapita missed the Virgin Islands tourney due to Visa issues. But Any is now even more of a useless fatass than before and Abu still has hands of stone and can't guard a pick and roll or any ball action. Defense and rebounding is a joke all the way around.

No Smith has been fine, and I'd say has looked really good in 5 of 7 games. He's still learning. Mav Rowan has been out from game 1 with a concussion, Omer Yurtseven is suspended 9 games due to being foreign, and Ted Kapita missed the Virgin Islands tourney due to Visa issues. But Any is now even more of a useless fatass than before and Abu still has hands of stone and can't guard a pick and roll or any ball action. Defense and rebounding is a joke all the way around.

Now that just sounds funny. :)

Kinda like when Pop listed Duncan out of the lineup for being "old."

Considering he's averaging a little over 35 minutes per game, I'd say no.

There was a glitch yesterday on ESPN's team site. For some reason he wasn't listed in their stats at all. That's what prompted the question.

Markelle Fultz is really lighting it up. 23/5.5 r/6.7 a with 1.5 bl and steals. He's shooting 55.3% from the field and 43.5% on threes. The only kink in his armor is 69.4% on FTs.

Does seem strange that his FT% is that low. The PG class this season (and for the upcoming NBA Draft) is just silly.

Did I miss it or was there no thread on the B10 Challenge? ACC finally got back in the win column with some good games yesterday, and UNC lost - yet no celebratory posts? I was impressed with Louisville's defensive effort and VT's comeback. And while the UVA/tOSU game was sloppy, it was at least exciting.

Was there any connection between Fultz and Washington? Seems weird a one-and-done from Maryland ended up there.

Was there any connection between Fultz and Washington? Seems weird a one-and-done from Maryland ended up there.

His longtime trainer, Keith Williams, basically a father figure, played for the UW assistant coach Raphael Chillious's cousin.

Good read about Fultz here. Seems like a great kid.

Reactions: Ayo
There's buzz about Fultz as a candidate for the #1 pick in the 2017 NBA draft. The DC area produces an endless amount of talent.

He started getting that in the summer. It was pretty surprising.

Washington also lost their second game in five days to TCU.

It will be interesting if Dixon comes in an revives this program as they have struggled. 7-0 start in year 1 for a 12-21 team from last year.

ucla with 4 whities on the court at the end of the game

Shouldn't CBS be interviewing Alford's mother during the game?

This is going to be a very good college basketball season, there are a lot of very good/borderline elite teams. Nova, Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Virginia, Indiana, Carolina, Baylor, Oregon, Gonzaga, West Virginia are all really good.

Back