• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

He had a line on ESPN's box score...I agree with you.

When you think the NCAA deciding anything about sports all you'll ever need to remember is this link

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/

According to their "rankings" Middle TN is #3; FL is #4;Central FL is #11; UNC-W is #13; KY is #23 and Duke is #24.

Are you frickin kidding me? There is no way this can be saved or used.

It is December 10th. RPI is worthless right now. Look at it on December 10th last year. Same ridiculousness.

It gets a lot better once teams actually play each other.

Note: I am not really a fan of using RPI to select the NCAA field, but to criticize it on December 10th is just weird.

That just means the basic program sucks. There's no way you can say a program that does this makes sense. It's one thing if it's one team or two, but there a ton of just plain crazy shit here.

Yeah, really scrappy team is Tenn St.. Their socks look legit!

TSU exposed State. An athletic team that plays solid 1/2 court D and rebounds es no bueno for the Pack. If Anya didn't have a career game, they lose. Anyone see the TSU coach after Smith's meaningless breakaway dunk up 8 with less than 10 seconds to play?

That just means the basic program sucks. There's no way you can say a program that does this makes sense. It's one thing if it's one team or two, but there a ton of just plain crazy shit here.

I don't think you understand how RPI works.

It's one thing to be inaccurate after a game or two or even three, but 30-33% of the season is over. Obviously, things will change as the season goes on.

Here are some numbers for #3 Middle TN State:

FG% -.495
3 pt % - .363
FT % - .616
The closest team to a ranked team is Vandy, and they suck this year..

So, in what world can losing to TN state, beating Toledo in OT, shooting 36% on three and 61.6% on FTs EVER create a Top 3 program.

Now compare that to undefeated to UCLA, who has beaten KY at KY, averages 98 ppg, shoots 56.2 % FG, 73.2% FTs and 47.1% on 3s. They also beat Michigan and TX A&M.

BTW, MTSU has an average of margin by 11.2 ppg vs. UCLA's 22.2 ppg versus a much tougher schedule.

There's no way to have a program that has the one loss team who shoots worse, scores less and plays a much. much weaker schedule at # 3 over the other team at #23.

What are you arguing? Nobody thinks MTSU is #3 in the country. And nobody cares about RPI for another couple of months.

tennessee up 10 on unc midway thru first half. rick barnes back in the dean dome.

TSU exposed State. An athletic team that plays solid 1/2 court D and rebounds es no bueno for the Pack. If Anya didn't have a career game, they lose. Anyone see the TSU coach after Smith's meaningless breakaway dunk up 8 with less than 10 seconds to play?

That's about the 5th time that's happened this year. Playbook on us was out a few weeks back though D was better this game.

Safest bet in sports...Rick Barnes will lose in Chapel Hill.

Roy Williams has basically wasted three years of Justin Jackson's life. If JJ had a college coach, I think he would have been a Top 10 pick. He's got all the talent in the world. He's a perfect Pop pick. After a couple of years with Pop, Jackson could become a really good NBA player.

Safest bet in sports...Rick Barnes will lose in Chapel Hill.

Roy Williams has basically wasted three years of Justin Jackson's life. If JJ had a college coach, I think he would have been a Top 10 pick. He's got all the talent in the world. He's a perfect Pop pick. After a couple of years with Pop, Jackson could become a really good NBA player.

I don't follow....he leads the Tar Heels in scoring and had 27 last game out prior to today's game vs. Davidson.....why exactly do you think he's being wasted?

Justin Jackson has grossly underachieved at UNC. He has been used very poorly.

This season he has had under 15 points in 7 of the 11 games.

Back