• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season Long College Basketball Thread

At least one bracketologist has Wake Forest in the Tourney.

In keeping with our theme, we used a similar process, including a metric called Strength of Record (SOR) to help decipher an uninspiring collection of bubble teams. With that in mind, Kansas State and Wake Forest are the final two at-large entries. It’s completely erratic near the bottom of the bracket, so this is far from definitive. History suggests that may not change much.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/01/19/bracketology-resume-metrics-have-villanova-no-1/

Discussed on other threads, but Lunardi now has us as one of the last two in too

I think this has probably been mentioned on here before, but Jerry Palm has a "Palm Reader" that updates every day to see what results from the day will help any specific team's RPI. Although it seems mostly to just be "teams you've already played need to win," I think it could be interesting to track as the season goes on. Today's for Wake:

Richmond needs to beat Dayton
Game Info: 7:00 PM | TV: ESPU

Radford needs to beat Longwood
Game Info: 7:00 PM

NC-Greensboro needs to beat Mercer
Game Info: 7:00 PM | TV: ESP3

College of Charleston needs to beat UNC-Wilmington

Clemson needs to beat Louisville
Game Info: 9:00 PM | TV: ESPN

CoC beating UNC-W would be a nice boost there. That's turning into a pretty nice win for us early in the season.

Ugh, that Clemson loss hurts. They're getting blown the f out at the Ville.

At least they are a sinking ship. Potentially opens up a spot for Wake (assuming 7-11 ACC will be dissected by committee). Also if they continue to unravel, Wake has shot at splitting series with revenge game.

To highlight how much can change in one season, Wake beat UCLA last yr w/o CMM.

I think this has probably been mentioned on here before, but Jerry Palm has a "Palm Reader" that updates every day to see what results from the day will help any specific team's RPI. Although it seems mostly to just be "teams you've already played need to win," I think it could be interesting to track as the season goes on. Today's for Wake:

Richmond needs to beat Dayton
Game Info: 7:00 PM | TV: ESPU

Radford needs to beat Longwood

NC-Greensboro needs to beat Mercer
Game Info: 7:00 PM | TV: ESP3

College of Charleston needs to beat UNC-Wilmington

Clemson needs to beat Louisville
Game Info: 9:00 PM | TV: ESPN

I know that Clemson lost but how did the others turn out?

Still don't understand why the addition of CMM apparently attributed to tanking the team in conference play last year. :confused:

There may have been a little bit of Bz recruit vs Manning recruit competition. Also, BC had to run the team for the whole non-conf schedule, then was expected to fall back to backup status once Codi arrived. Not an easy thing to do. Some "old bull" "young bull" head butting didn't make for good team chemistry. There was also the problem that Codi was bad at free throws, thus he had to be pulled at the end of tight games, or at least swapped offense for defense. Just not a good situation.

All vestiges of [Redacted] removed and suddenly were back where we were before he was forced upon us -- competing for the big dance.

Not a coincidence

Been watching College Gameday at Cameron for Miami-Duke tonight. I don't think I've heard them talk about Miami once. This is a all out Duke commercial even more than ESPN usually does.

Been watching College Gameday at Cameron for Miami-Duke tonight. I don't think I've heard them talk about Miami once. This is a all out Duke commercial even more than ESPN usually does.

Yeah, I had to change the channel. Now watch Miami go and beat them tonight.

Giles off to another scintillating start. Let's do this, Canes.

so if miami wins does that help out computer rankings?

Back