• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is your all-time favorite Deac?

John Orenczak. Shuggy Otis was named to the ACC All-Ugly team, but scored high with co-eds

DEC 29 - 1970 Off work @11:30 but played bridge until 1; snow 11 AM-8 PM; Arnie & I heard WF beat Georgetown 90-88 in Fla Gold Coast Classic; Gil 31 & CD 30

DEC 30 - 1970 Cold; went to my 8th funeral near Dunn; 4 of us ate @Empire Steaks tonight; heard WF beat Jax 78-77 in Fla tourney on Orenczak shot; CD 30 pts

DEC 29 - 1970Off work @11:30 but played bridge until 1; snow 11 AM-8 PM; Arnie & I heard WF beat Georgetown 90-88 in Fla Gold Coast Classic; Gil 31 & CD 30

DEC 30 - 1970Cold; went to my 8th funeral near Dunn; 4 of us ate @Empire Steaks tonight; heard WF beat Jax 78-77 in Fla tourney on Orenczak shot; CD 30 pts

Arnie was a total booze hound.

Arnie was a total booze hound.

I don't think you even know this guy. He is from Charlotte, was my roommate at WF & we lived together in a house near Fort Bragg with two other guys (UNC grad & Tennessee grad) from Oct, 1969 thru March, 1971 when we were all in the army.

I don't think you even know this guy. He is from Charlotte, was my roommate at WF & we lived together in a house near Fort Bragg with two other guys (UNC grad & Tennessee grad) from Oct, 1969 thru March, 1971 when we were all in the army.

Oh I know him. Total booze hound. Quite the cocksman too.

(Mitch Conner voice) "I guess that makes you pretty kooo"

6 pages on this thread and no one else saying Chas. Whats up with that? Is it because he spelled his name wrong?

I don't get it.

Tim Duncan - Stayed four years when he could have been #1 pick after sophomore year. That will probably never happen again in all of college basketball.

I am always amazed at how many WF fans today don't even know how to spell Len Chappell's name. I see it with either one "P" or one "L" as often as I see it spelled correctly. To a lesser extent, the same is true of Dickie Hemric, which has a "K" added about half of the time.

And both of these guys were consensus All-Americans, which are extremely rare in WF sports. You would think that WF fans could at least spell their names correctly.

I always thought Wait Chappell was named after him.

I always thought Wait Chappell was named after him.

LOL. I think there was a story that Bones used Wait Chapel to impress Chappell on his visit to WF...or something like that. Maybe he told Chappell that Wake was naming a building after him. Can't remember exactly how that went, but there was a play on words there in some way. You never knew what Bones was going to say....or do.

Back