• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

Guess that makes the WF offense better than Michigan's as the IU defense held the Wolverine offense to 20. :p

Tuberville "stepping down" at Cincinnati.

Tuberville with a 29-22 overall record at Cincinnati. This is probably a pretty good job but with them in a crappy conference and not taken by the Big XII, it is going to going to be hard to pay a lot I would think. But still better than a MAC job.

Can we pause and reflect on the fact that the IU head coach and the Texas head coach both had $11 million buyouts?
Kinda surprising that IU has to pay the buyout considering why their coach is getting fired.

Well he's supposedly only getting $500K of it which still seems like a lot.

Well he's supposedly only getting $500K of it which still seems like a lot.

AD is paying for silence. Because he looks pretty fucking stupid in this whole deal. Like Wellman level stupid.

Fill me in. The AD looks stupid for not knowing or for promoting the DC who had to know himself?

Fill me in. The AD looks stupid for not knowing or for promoting the DC who had to know himself?

For signing him to an extension a few months ago after he was investigated for this same type of shit.

Rumored Cincy candidates:

Jeff Brohm - Western KY (would think he would be a hot commodity; WKU is not exactly in the middle of football country, but they have scored a lot of points and won a lot of games under Brohm; Baylor and Purdue are also interested in Brohm)
Neal Brown - Troy (Brown is only 36, and he quickly turned Troy around, 9-3 this year, they almost upset Clemson; Brown is from Kentucky - Cincy is on the KY border)
PJ Fleck - WMU (the hot name this year; Fleck gives off a weird vibe; not convinced he will be as successful as others believe)
Kerry Coombs - tOSU assistant (was an assistant at Cincy under Brian Kelly and Butch Jones)

Rumored Cincy candidates:

Jeff Brohm - Western KY (would think he would be a hot commodity; WKU is not exactly in the middle of football country, but they have scored a lot of points and won a lot of games under Brohm; Baylor and Purdue are also interested in Brohm)
Neal Brown - Troy (Brown is only 36, and he quickly turned Troy around, 9-3 this year, they almost upset Clemson; Brown is from Kentucky - Cincy is on the KY border)
PJ Fleck - WMU (the hot name this year; Fleck gives off a weird vibe; not convinced he will be as successful as others believe)
Kerry Coombs - tOSU assistant (was an assistant at Cincy under Brian Kelly and Butch Jones)

About the time you posted this, twitter started reporting that Brohm has reportedly taken the Purdue job.

Lane Kiffen--will he be the new Houston coach as is being reported or will he join Orgeron at LSU as the highest paid OC in the country and compete against Saban?
His magician offensive schemes would be awesome at Houston with all the talent he would amass if he could handle press conferences and being a head coach!

Matt Rhule (Temple) to Baylor

Ruhle will receive a ton of cash, but a terrible situation. We shall see if he would've better off waiting for another job.

Ruhle will receive a ton of cash, but a terrible situation. We shall see if he would've better off waiting for another job.

Yeah, this one is a head scratcher to me. I wonder if Rhule will coach Temple in the bowl game against us since Grobe is staying through Baylor's bowl game?

Yeah, this one is a head scratcher to me. I wonder if Rhule will coach Temple in the bowl game against us since Grobe is staying through Baylor's bowl game?

Perhaps so, but with as far behind as they are recruiting, I would think he has to devote every second of his time to that issue. My guess is that he's gone from Temple right away.

Gonna suck if Grobe ends his coaching career on a 7 game slide....hoping for his sake that Baylor can win their bowl game.

Back