• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

hope Texas doesn't play UCONN anytime soon.

damn texas got their guy and LSU is the donk

feel bad for Charlie strong... seems like a solid dude that never stood a chance in texas. hope he lands on his feet and finds success again.

Talking about after he retires, obviously.

Also, have to believe that Saban will have a say in who replaces him.

this dude is in his prime as a head football coach. other than him getting tired of winning, i see no reason he isnt the coach at bama 10 years from now. so talking about his replacement right now seems a little pointless.

this dude is in his prime as a head football coach. other than him getting tired of winning, i see no reason he isnt the coach at bama 10 years from now. so talking about his replacement right now seems a little pointless.

He's 65.

feel bad for Charlie strong... seems like a solid dude that never stood a chance in texas. hope he lands on his feet and finds success again.

He'll be a SEC D.C. next year - no doubt

if kiffin wants to be a head coach again anytime in the near future, as in after next year, then he should stay in tuscaloosa. if he's content to stay a coordinator for another few years, then i could see him going to lsu in order to coach with his buddy and make some more money.

LSU is certainly the donk. Strong will get 10 mil severance pay that is reduced if he takes another job in coaching. Might just sit out a year or two

if kiffin wants to be a head coach again anytime in the near future, as in after next year, then he should stay in tuscaloosa. if he's content to stay a coordinator for another few years, then i could see him going to lsu in order to coach with his buddy and make some more money.

If he turns LSU's offense around, he'll be able to choose any job he wants. Well, other than TN and USC.

If he turns LSU's offense around, he'll be able to choose any job he wants. Well, other than TN and USC.

if he stays at bama and continues his success, then that's equally, if not more, true.

but that's really beside the point. his bona fides as an offensive coordinator don't require any bolstering.

I truly like the man and wish him well. And I understand pressures at Texas are possibly the greatest of anywhere. But I don't think it's accurate to say he never stood s chance. No doubt he had some boosters who were never on board. But doing better than 16-21 would have gotten some of those in the fold, and he did have tons of people and money behind him. He knew what he was signing on to, and he got three years to prove himself, and it didn't happen. He definitely stood a chance had he won more, and his comments today seem to indicate that he is aware of that. Ultimately just not a good fit and now he can go find a better one.

Oh BTW I can't stand UT!

are there not coaches that are still doing there thing well into their 70s? especially if they are winning?

Yes, but I don't know why you think it's ridiculous to speculate on a 65 year old's successor.

Keep in mind this is the group who thought the 10 year deal Grobe signed at 55 was a lifetime contract.

Not too surprising, especially given yesterday's results, but NC State is keeping Doeren.

Herman has done very well in his 2 years at Houston, but with someone else's players. Wonder if Texas, who couldn't wait to hire Strong, isn't set up to be disappointed again... With the added $11 million, Herman is one expensive coach

just feel its a little early considering how much sucess he has had and continues to have. i could see him milking this job like K is doing with a Duke. gonna take a heart attack during a game to end their career

Back