• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

Texas is set up to do well in the future...most of their talent is young. Herman is walking into a great situation.

There's one key difference, we've seen Coach O as a head coach and it was a disaster. Dabo had never been a head coach. I hope it works out, I'm no LSU fan, but I also want to see them good since they are probably the biggest threat to Bama.

It gets good around the 35 second mark.

Unless it's Baylor, he isnt going anywhere.

When did Baylor become a better job than UNC? Obviously Baylor had a lot of success under Briles, but, other than that, nothing! I guess maybe better facilities? But I am pretty sure Fedora has gotten better recruits at UNC than Briles got at Baylor, despite Briles legendary Texas HS connections.

Is it better to be tied for 4th banana in Texas or to be 1st banana in NC?

I think LSU played it smart. Herman may be great but he's no sure thing. They can have Orgeron on a shorter leash than an outside hire and can make a move when they're the clear best job available.

Texas had the advantage just because Herman's dream job was Texas and the man he has to knock off the top of the mountain in the Big 12 is Bob Stoops and not Nick Saban, big difference.

I think LSU played it smart. Herman may be great but he's no sure thing. They can have Orgeron on a shorter leash than an outside hire and can make a move when they're the clear best job available.

LSU didn't really play anything. They got rejected. They didn't scramble for a backup plan I guess. I think they way Les got fired probably takes a little shine off that job for some folks.

Which folks?

Plus they can pay out the ass for great assistants with Orgeron's relatively cheap contract.

When did Baylor become a better job than UNC? Obviously Baylor had a lot of success under Briles, but, other than that, nothing! I guess maybe better facilities? But I am pretty sure Fedora has gotten better recruits at UNC than Briles got at Baylor, despite Briles legendary Texas HS connections.

Is it better to be tied for 4th banana in Texas or to be 1st banana in NC?

I'm looking at in in terms of support from your own fan base/school. Everyone knows football is just something to pass the time until basketball starts in the eyes of 'Heel fans. If Fedora wants to go to a place where his program is the top priority from within, Baylor would be an ideal spot.

Sup, Chip Kelly

Reps for Brian Kelly have been quietly putting out feelers.

You mean besides the coach they wanted to hire and made an offer to? Besides that one?

Well yeah. You seemed to suggest there are several coaches who didn't consider LSU because of how they treated Miles.

Well yeah. You seemed to suggest there are several coaches who didn't consider LSU because of how they treated Miles.

Said they didn't scramble for a backup plan. Didn't take their chances with the open market.

yeah, I love the Coach O hire. If nothing else because it makes college football more fun.

Back