• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We need a little Northwestern game noise

5 TOs by your PG in a game ain't good. In a half?

Crawford may have just had the worst half of basketball I have ever seen.

This sounds hyperbolic as I'm typing it, but I'm not sure there has been a worse half by a Wake player in the last few years. Crawford has been absolutely atrocious. And in such obviously terrible ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, we just said he needs to sit, not transfer. Yet.

Yea, NBD. Not over the top at all.

Can someone explain to me why we hedge so hard on screens. We invariably leave someone alone on the 3 point line or are scrambling to cover our guy down low.

I really do not understand the theory behind that at all. Can someone explain this? I don't see other teams doing this.

You don't see other teams hedge screens?

The funny thing is we've done an excellent job hedging screens all game so far. The switching has caused us to lose a few shooters, but almost all their open looks from 3 have been on offensive rebounds.

Come on Deacs. I believe in you guys. Don't let me down. Show the nation what you can do.

Can someone explain to me why we hedge so hard on screens. We invariably leave someone alone on the 3 point line or are scrambling to cover our guy down low.

I really do not understand the theory behind that at all. Can someone explain this? I don't see other teams doing this.

The scramble to the big man is by design. It's basic man to man rotations. It looks a lot worse with us bc it's usually Dinos or Arians scrambling. The idea is that you dont let their distributers get 2 steps on the defender via the screen, that will inevitably lead to a drive and shot/dish. Watch the NBA. You'll get the point more bc those guys with the ball will destroy you without the hedge.

Last edited:
Alright, need some better karma around here. Fuck this negativity.

Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Deacs. Send Crissy Collins home to mommy and daddy with a big fat L.

Look like we're making a real effort to crash the defensive glass tonight and D's got more energy than any game I've watched so far. Need the 3's to regress to that mean though!

McClinton. 0 for 1 with no points, rebounds, assists, steals, or blocks.

He's leading us in charges taken. So there's that.

At least we are hitting FT this year, last year was miserable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back