• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

We need a little Northwestern game noise

You don't play a lot of zone against a teams that is in the Top 10 in the nation in 3 point shooting. That's asking to lose.

Line has moved to NW -4.5. 70% of the action is on NW.

Have we gotten the majority of action in any game this year?

Have we gotten the majority of action in any game this year?

Yes, UTEP and Charleston, but that may have been bettors going against those teams as opposed to feeling WF was undervalued. FWIW, when it comes to betting cache' no Power V school gets less respect than Northwestern basketball; WF basketball looks like Kentucky compared to Northwestern (NW has not had player taken in the NBA draft in 17 years; they have one first round pick EVER). The average bettor is not looking to lay it down on the Purple Wildcats from Evanston.

Last edited:
Yes, UTEP and Charleston, but that may have been bettors going against those teams as opposed to feeling WF was undervalued. FWIW, when it comes to betting cache' no Power V school gets less respect than Northwestern basketball; WF basketball looks like Kentucky compared to Northwestern (NW has not had player taken in the NBA draft in 17 years; they have one first round pick EVER). The average bettor is not looking to lay it down on the Purple Wildcats from Evanston.

The line has go against us by 1/2 a point. So, a bit more money has come in on NW, but not an avalanche.

Do you ever say anything positive about Wake?

Comparing NW to Nova shows a glaring lack of understanding college basketball talent. One is the reigning national champion and a blink from #1 right now versus a team who has never made the NCAAT and are getting ZERO votes for the Top 25.

Do you ever read or think about a post before responding so bitterly? While I am fully aware of NW and 'Nova NCAA histories, the pre-game description of both teams nonetheless are similar in regards to 3 point shooting and lack of size inside. Nova shot over 50% from 3 point land and out rebounded us by 10. Alluring to facts is not bashing or being negative about Wake. We have not been stellar against defending the three ball and rebounding could stand to improve. I see this as a game where we can monitor progress, if any, in these areas which we will need to have.

Do you ever read or think about a post before responding so bitterly? While I am fully aware of NW and 'Nova NCAA histories, the pre-game description of both teams nonetheless are similar in regards to 3 point shooting and lack of size inside. Nova shot over 50% from 3 point land and out rebounded us by 10. Alluring to facts is not bashing or being negative about Wake. We have not been stellar against defending the three ball and rebounding could stand to improve. I see this as a game where we can monitor progress, if any, in these areas which we will need to have.

There was nothing in your post that was deserving of that condescending response by rj. I'm embarrassed when I see irregular posters get jumped on by the rah rah know it all crowd for sharing their opinion. Hopefully this is an instance where rj realizes he was wrong and apologizes.

No sense in making predictions on one game sample sizes without a disclaimer of some sort.

I would rather provide statistical based analysis so the reader can be more informed about the game.

It's a toss-up game. Hope we win this one.

It's not a toss-up game. NW opened at -3.5 and it has now moved to NW -4.5

http://www.scoresandodds.com/

521 WAKE FOREST
153 / 152.5 / 151.5
+170

522 NORTHWESTERN
-4.5 / -4.5 / -4.5

This is a big game for Wake. Win this and it's one more step back to respectability.

Our SID team is a joke. Bam has a nice dunk on the front page of ESPN NCAAM this evening. Others have had that slot. JC has at least one or two of those every night. Why aren't we feeding them to national media every night? It's a way to get a lot of free press.

There are stories about Motley, Baylor, all over the place. JC is scoring more, rebounding more, shooting better from the field while playing less minutes. Baylor is playing better than we are, but our SID team isn't doing much to get our team in front of the sports world.

Our SID team is a joke. Bam has a nice dunk on the front page of ESPN NCAAM this evening. Others have had that slot. JC has at least one or two of those every night. Why aren't we feeding them to national media every night? It's a way to get a lot of free press.

There are stories about Motley, Baylor, all over the place. JC is scoring more, rebounding more, shooting better from the field while playing less minutes. Baylor is playing better than we are, but our SID team isn't doing much to get our team in front of the sports world.

Lulz

Newsflash RJ, we aren't relevant again yet. Winning this game is a step toward people beginning to pay attention to us again.

FSU playing in blue jerseys against Minnesota in maroon and gold is thoroughly confusing.

Ojo having a nice game. Man, if that guy can put it all together, he is going to be seriously scary.

Last edited:
The crowd at FSU makes me feel a little better about ours. They're a bubble team and there are more empty seats than full.

Anyone know offhand what channel our game will start on?

Back