• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Richmond Game

Collins has to stop committing stupid fouls in order to inspire some confidence that he can stay on the court for more than a few minutes at a time.

There's no rule that says a kid who picks up his 3rd early in the 2nd half D has to sit for 5+ minutes.

Arians is coming up bigly

McClinton has done some decent things today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are some of the more annoying announcers lately. It's disappointing Doral isn't more effective in a game like this.

5 guard lineup on like an 11-3 run. Go figure. Call it the Arians offense - he draws their 4 man on defense so we just drive it and he's open.

These announcers discuss this game as though Richmond is the program that boasts players like Duncan, Paul, and Howard. Remind me - how many NBA players has Richmond ever had?

Disagree strongly on SJM - in his limited minutes he's looked WAY rough on defensive rotations.

Doral is the big question. He can be solid, but he can be a black hole on offense when he's taking jump hooks from too far out, setting illegal screens, and getting outrebounded by guards. On defense he gets moved away from the basket too easily.

McClinton is just vaguely bad at everything. He doesn't kill us, but doesn't help us much, so his lows aren't as low as, say, Doral costing us 6 points in 45 seconds against Northwestern.

It's lose-lose right now basically.

That's a fair take but SJM and Moore aren't going to get better on the bench. Give them spot minutes.

Also Moore shot too soon a few times but that hook will pay off big time eventually.

McClinton playing his best game of the year. Some people are down on him, but he has 2 great offensive rebounds in this game. Small line up is interesting...

There's no rule that says a kid who picks up his 3rd early in the 2nd half D has to sit for 5+ minutes.

I don't disagree with you, but I think both Manning and Collins deserve some criticism in this situation. I can understand Manning not wanting Collins to pick up 4 fouls with 12+ minutes left in the half. As long as we're still leading comfortably I think you can keep him out until the 10 minute mark. I don't like it at all, but I can at least somewhat understand the rationale.

McClinton has done some decent things today.

I think his confidence has been really off this year. Missing put backs badly a lot - maybe he is breaking out of it, apparently we need him

Lil Chill needs a lot of work.

McClinton's got 3 fouls DM better get him out, can't let him foul out.

Back