• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Abybody starting to see a line of progression here? Ty Walker to Andre Washington to Doral Moore, common variable seems to be not mentally engaged enough to improve and help the team.

Washington had 21 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks for ECU the other day. Just maybe playing time is beneficial in becoming a better player.

We saw what Moore did when given some decent playing time at the end of last year. How has he regressed considerably under the tutelage of the best big man coach in the country?

I would like to see Moore at the 5 and Collins at the 4 for periods of the game. Defense and rebounding would improve. Other teams would have trouble matching up down low. It can't be that hard to teach how to be stationary on a screen.

For whatever reason Manning will not consider this.

Even if Manning wants to play with 4 shooters, then play Dinos at the 4 and Doral at the 5. Not that complicated. Last night may have not been the best example because we had one of our better defensive performances of the year. But I think this was more attributable to NW not playing well that it was our D. I actually really like the lineup that Doral played in last night. I think it was Crawford, Childress, Woods, Arians, and Moore? Although maybe it was Wilbekin in there over one of the guards. Hope to see this lineup some more going forward as I dont think the 2 minutes they received last night is sufficient to judge it.

I assume this all is a joke other than the first sentence.

Even if Manning wants to play with 4 shooters, then play Dinos at the 4 and Doral at the 5. Not that complicated. Last night may have not been the best example because we had one of our better defensive performances of the year. But I think this was more attributable to NW not playing well that it was our D. I actually really like the lineup that Doral played in last night. I think it was Crawford, Childress, Woods, Arians, and Moore? Although maybe it was Wilbekin in there over one of the guards. Hope to see this lineup some more going forward as I dont think the 2 minutes they received last night is sufficient to judge it.

I don't think our defense was good at all last night. Northwestern missed a lot of open jumpers.

I was watching a different game from the one you saw.

Wrong. He can play lots of guy 6'8+, but NW didn't have any such players.

Ok then. Maybe when we play Duke this year, we should start 5 guards. Their bigs won't be able to guard us!

In all seriousness though, you want to tailor your rotations to opposing matchups, but you can't let your opponent completely dictate who you play. This is one of my biggest issues (among many) of Manning.

Read the next sentence dipshit. I was simply referring to the fact that we held them to 65 pts.

So you weren't referring to layup after layup when they buried us in the second half. Or all the wide open jumpers? When you make a stupid post why don't you just own it.

So you weren't referring to layup after layup when they buried us in the second half. Or all the wide open jumpers? When you make a stupid post why don't you just own it.

My fault if I wasn't clear enough, but I was simply trying to point out that we need Doral to play because he's our biggest asset on defense. And defense is this team's biggest issue and is probably going to be the reason for the majority of our losses this year. Last night this issue got masked because NW played poorly and because our offense was so bad. 30% from the field and 20 turnovers. Can bet that won't happen again this year. But whatever man, go back to your cave.

Some brighter basketball minds than mine, please answer this for me... for many years, Wake seems to go away from our strength to adjust to the other teams strength. Last night we gave up our advantage (size inside) to match up against their smaller players. Why do we not force the other teams to battle against our advantages? Aren't there defensive schemes we can employ to allow us not to match the other teams at the cost of losing our advantages?

Some brighter basketball minds than mine, please answer this for me... for many years, Wake seems to go away from our strength to adjust to the other teams strength. Last night we gave up our advantage (size inside) to match up against their smaller players. Why do we not force the other teams to battle against our advantages? Aren't there defensive schemes we can employ to allow us not to match the other teams at the cost of losing our advantages?

This and timeout usage are the two things I don't like about Manning's coaching style. He needs to try dictate the way the game goes, not play to the other teams strengths. However, if we would've played Doral and Collins together last night we may have given up even more wide open threes so who knows. Skelly was playing the 5 at times and can shoot threes. Maybe playing both Collins and Doral in a zone could work as long as we push it out a little bit to guard the perimeter while having two rims protectors. Moore just doesn't seem ready to contribute big minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when Manning was forced to play Moore "big minutes" last year? Looked pretty damn good then. How is he ever going to gain confidence and improve as a player when he's benched whenever he makes a mistake?

I said it on the other thread, but there is no way in hell that GMac at the 4 is better than Moore (or even SJM) at the 5 and Dinos/Collins at the 4.

The play by play on the Wake site shows Moore checked in for Crawford at the under 8 media timeout, but then shows all this activity for Crawford. I was at the game & having trouble recalling Moore coming in at all after his moving screen early in the first half. Below is the Wake site's play by play. Is this incorrect?

07:54 TIMEOUT MEDIA
07:54 SUB IN : Doral Moore
07:54 SUB OUT: Bryant Crawford
REBOUND (DEF) by Lindsey, Scottie 07:40 MISSED 3 PTR by Bryant Crawford
GOOD! 3 PTR by McIntosh, Bryant 07:22 49-45 H 4
ASSIST by Lumpkin, Sanjay 07:22
07:08 49-47 H 2 GOOD! JUMPER by Bryant Crawford
MISSED 3 PTR by Lindsey, Scottie 06:38 REBOUND (DEF) by Greg McClinton
REBOUND (DEF) by Ash, Jordan 06:21 MISSED JUMPER by Bryant Crawford
GOOD! FT SHOT by Skelly, Gavin 06:11 50-47 H 3 FOUL by Greg McClinton (P2T3)
GOOD! FT SHOT by Skelly, Gavin 06:11 51-47 H 4
SUB IN : Law, Vic 06:11 SUB IN : John Collins
SUB OUT: Ash, Jordan 06:11 SUB IN : Mitchell Wilbekin
06:11 SUB OUT: Greg McClinton
06:11 SUB OUT: Austin Arians
05:58 FOUL by Bryant Crawford (P2T4)
05:58 TURNOVR by Bryant Crawford
TURNOVR by Skelly, Gavin 05:38
05:37 STEAL by Keyshawn Woods
FOUL by Skelly, Gavin (P3T7) 05:35 51-48 H 3 GOOD! FT SHOT by Keyshawn Woods
05:35 51-49 H 2 GOOD! FT SHOT by Keyshawn Woods
FOUL by McIntosh, Bryant (P2T8) 05:11
TURNOVR by McIntosh, Bryant 05:11
04:55 51-51 T 8 GOOD! JUMPER by Dinos Mitoglou
04:55 ASSIST by Keyshawn Woods
TIMEOUT 30sec 04:45
04:45 SUB IN : Bryant Crawford
04:45 SUB OUT: Doral Moore

Remember when Manning was forced to play Moore "big minutes" last year? Looked pretty damn good then. How is he ever going to gain confidence and improve as a player when he's benched whenever he makes a mistake?

I said it on the other thread, but there is no way in hell that GMac at the 4 is better than Moore (or even SJM) at the 5 and Dinos/Collins at the 4.

TRUTH

Amen. McClinton made a few good plays, but if the goal in Nov and Dec is to prepare for the rigors of ACC play, Manning needs to work on a rotation in which Dinos and Collins start and Moore and SJM come in at C. McClinton playing meaningful minutes isn't going to win ACC games.

Manning is trying to win now but doesn't have win now players. Work on developing Moore and SJM and it will pay off in Jan, Feb, and hopefully March.

This Board's fixation on McClinton's minutes boggles my mind. McClinton is 9th on the team in minutes and has not played more than 14 minutes in any game (he didn't play at all against Nova). McClinton is not getting major minutes except when the opposing team has players that he matches up with. NW has a bunch of 6-5 to 6-8 guys that can shoot threes; just not a good match up for Doral.

Moore would have had a lot of trouble defending against NW, most likely would have picked up fouls like he got them at costco (in bulk). A bad match-up for Moore when their C can go out and shoot the 3 or drive the lane.

So why would Moore not have been an equally difficult defensive issue for the NW 6'8" center? Maybe their center would have gotten in foul trouble if Moore posted and received the ball?

It makes no sense why our size is a disadvantage. Moore has shown enough ability to get some minutes to determine if he can make a difference. If he fouls out, so what - he is not on the floor anyway.

Last night the only effective offensive players were Collins and Dinos. I think Moore could have been effective also on both ends of the floor. So instead of attacking with our big men where we had success we decided to keep the ball in the hands of the most ineffective players in this particular game?

So why would Moore not have been an equally difficult defensive issue for the NW 6'8" center? Maybe their center would have gotten in foul trouble if Moore posted and received the ball?

It makes no sense why our size is a disadvantage. Moore has shown enough ability to get some minutes to determine if he can make a difference. If he fouls out, so what - he is not on the floor anyway.

Last night the only effective offensive players were Collins and Dinos. I think Moore could have been effective also on both ends of the floor. So instead of attacking with our big men where we had success we decided to keep the ball in the hands of the most ineffective players in this particular game?

maybe they would have had trouble rebounding but Moore is limited offensively, so i don't think they would have had a lot of trouble with him. the game was also fairly fast paced, Moore would have died out there.

maybe they would have had trouble rebounding but Moore is limited offensively, so i don't think they would have had a lot of trouble with him. the game was also fairly fast paced, Moore would have died out there.

Moore lead the country last year in dunks/40 mins.....a lot of this coming in ACC play against legit bigs. He would've been a handful for NW's bigs and would've ATE on the offensive glass. Everyone played like shit last night (except for JC and decent game for Dinos) why only penalize Moore? I'm fine with taking him out when Manning did but to not go back to him in the final 25 minutes is inexcusable.

And if any of you don't think Moore could guard Gavin Fucking Skelly, then maybe we should redshirt Doral because there isn't a team in the ACC that doesnt have bigs that can step away from the basket.

Moore lead the country last year in dunks/40 mins.....a lot of this coming in ACC play against legit bigs. He would've been a handful for NW's bigs and would've ATE on the offensive glass. Everyone played like shit last night (except for JC and decent game for Dinos) why only penalize Moore? I'm fine with taking him out when Manning did but to not go back to him in the final 25 minutes is inexcusable.

And if any of you don't think Moore could guard Gavin Fucking Skelly, then maybe we should redshirt Doral because there isn't a team in the ACC that doesnt have bigs that can step away from the basket.

I said Moore would probably have a lot of trouble defending Skelly on the perimeter ( 3 point line), which is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back