• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore

Moore lead the country last year in dunks/40 mins.....a lot of this coming in ACC play against legit bigs. He would've been a handful for NW's bigs and would've ATE on the offensive glass. Everyone played like shit last night (except for JC and decent game for Dinos) why only penalize Moore? I'm fine with taking him out when Manning did but to not go back to him in the final 25 minutes is inexcusable.

And if any of you don't think Moore could guard Gavin Fucking Skelly, then maybe we should redshirt Doral because there isn't a team in the ACC that doesnt have bigs that can step away from the basket.

This is a good post. IMHO Doral is either:

A. Danny's pet project, and he is going to ride him hard until he makes him into a star or makes him transfer
B. In Danny's doghouse for refusing to/being unable to listen and stop making boneheaded plays. The leash is so short that he is pulled at the first blatant mistake.

A. Danny's pet project, and he is going to ride him hard until he makes him into a star or makes him transfer
B. In Danny's doghouse for refusing to/being unable to listen and stop making boneheaded plays. The leash is so short that he is pulled at the first blatant mistake.

He pulled him immediately after he got a questionable (in my opinion) foul called on the perimeter in the first half. I think he only had one at the time, although it's possible he had two.

His moving screen was ridiculously stupid. So was John Collins reach in on an entry pass.

I said Moore would probably have a lot of trouble defending Skelly on the perimeter ( 3 point line), which is true.

i agree or the player puts the ball on the ground at the 3 and drives to the lane...and one with a foul on Moore. Moore makes a lot of questionable fouls.

having said that, i would like to see him play more.

His moving screen was ridiculously stupid. So was John Collins reach in on an entry pass.

Moore does that every five minutes he is on the court.

When Collins reached for that first foul I thought that will hurt us. May well have cost us the game, because they had no answer for him.

The play by play on the Wake site shows Moore checked in for Crawford at the under 8 media timeout, but then shows all this activity for Crawford. I was at the game & having trouble recalling Moore coming in at all after his moving screen early in the first half. Below is the Wake site's play by play. Is this incorrect?

07:54 TIMEOUT MEDIA
07:54 SUB IN : Doral Moore
07:54 SUB OUT: Bryant Crawford
REBOUND (DEF) by Lindsey, Scottie 07:40 MISSED 3 PTR by Bryant Crawford
GOOD! 3 PTR by McIntosh, Bryant 07:22 49-45 H 4
ASSIST by Lumpkin, Sanjay 07:22
07:08 49-47 H 2 GOOD! JUMPER by Bryant Crawford
MISSED 3 PTR by Lindsey, Scottie 06:38 REBOUND (DEF) by Greg McClinton
REBOUND (DEF) by Ash, Jordan 06:21 MISSED JUMPER by Bryant Crawford
GOOD! FT SHOT by Skelly, Gavin 06:11 50-47 H 3 FOUL by Greg McClinton (P2T3)
GOOD! FT SHOT by Skelly, Gavin 06:11 51-47 H 4
SUB IN : Law, Vic 06:11 SUB IN : John Collins
SUB OUT: Ash, Jordan 06:11 SUB IN : Mitchell Wilbekin
06:11 SUB OUT: Greg McClinton
06:11 SUB OUT: Austin Arians
05:58 FOUL by Bryant Crawford (P2T4)
05:58 TURNOVR by Bryant Crawford
TURNOVR by Skelly, Gavin 05:38
05:37 STEAL by Keyshawn Woods
FOUL by Skelly, Gavin (P3T7) 05:35 51-48 H 3 GOOD! FT SHOT by Keyshawn Woods
05:35 51-49 H 2 GOOD! FT SHOT by Keyshawn Woods
FOUL by McIntosh, Bryant (P2T8) 05:11
TURNOVR by McIntosh, Bryant 05:11
04:55 51-51 T 8 GOOD! JUMPER by Dinos Mitoglou
04:55 ASSIST by Keyshawn Woods
TIMEOUT 30sec 04:45
04:45 SUB IN : Bryant Crawford
04:45 SUB OUT: Doral Moore

I checked the tape on this earlier today, and this is just wrong. Moore didn't play any in the second half and surely didn't check in at that moment. There were no subs at that TV timeout.

A couple of points.

It is the responsibility of the ball handler to drive his defender into the screen. Watch how seldom and how poorly this is done by the Wake offensive players. By no means does this justify movement when setting a screen, but improvement is required from all parties.

If Collins is off the floor, Moore needs to be on the floor. Wake's deficiencies defensively are magnified if their opponent can make an uncontested drive to the hoop. When Collins left the game at 13:47 in the second half he was replaced by McClinton and Dinos moved to center. Wake had a four point lead. Five straight uncontested lay ups by Northwestern (the fifth with Collins back on the floor) gave them the momentum, the lead and they would never trail again. I'd rather make the opponent's big man beat us shooting three's than give up uncontested drives to the basket. Just an opinion.

RootingForYou.gif

I checked the tape on this earlier today, and this is just wrong. Moore didn't play any in the second half and surely didn't check in at that moment. There were no subs at that TV timeout.

I also looked at the game on DVR & noticed it was wrong. So Doral played more like 90 seconds than the 5 mins he is going to be credited with. That is a bit too short of a leash if you ask me.

When Doral Moore is on the floor, he should have the same job at both ends of the court ... run like hell to get within five feet of the basket and plant yourself there. On offense, we can run screens, etc., without him. Put his butt under the basket and make someone cover him there. On defense, play a zone with Moore protecting the rim. If someone is stupid enough to drive on him, he can either block their shot or put their ass on the floor hard enough that they won't be driving the lane again with him there. That would be worth the price of a foul.

When Doral Moore is on the floor, he should have the same job at both ends of the court ... run like hell to get within five feet of the basket and plant yourself there. On offense, we can run screens, etc., without him. Put his butt under the basket and make someone cover him there. On defense, play a zone with Moore protecting the rim. If someone is stupid enough to drive on him, he can either block their shot or put their ass on the floor hard enough that they won't be driving the lane again with him there. That would be worth the price of a foul.

Agree for the most part. Although, Moore could be absolutely dominant on the pick and roll to the rim, if he could ever get it down. I'm thinking early years Tyson Chandler type plays. Just lob it up by the rim and let him go get it.

Some of the issues with the moving picks are the responsibility of the ball handler. The one on Monday in particular looked to me like the ballhandler (Woods?) started moving before Moore could get the screen set.

Some of the issues with the moving picks are the responsibility of the ball handler. The one on Monday in particular looked to me like the ballhandler (Woods?) started moving before Moore could get the screen set.

This take is completely wrong. Moore regularly sets moving screens. That one was blatant.

Furthermore, you all just think Moore simply needs to camp out near the hoop and swat shots. Teams like Northwestern can get around that. In this play, Moore is guarding the Center, Pardon, Arians is on Skelly. NU runs the pick and roll and Arians guards the under. PG makes the pass to Skelly, and Doral completely leaves his man under the hoop. Skelly then passes to Pardon for the wide open dunk.

There's a reason Moore is limited right now.

Moore sets bad screens and the guards are impatient as well, leading to Moore picking up more fouls than he should.

They aren't mutually exclusive, and both occur on a regular basis.

I think a lot of people (me included) put a little too much stock in the BC game last year when Moore dominated the plodding and untalented BC front line.

I think a lot of people (me included) put a little too much stock in the BC game last year when Moore dominated the plodding and untalented BC front line.

He also dominated the State game in Raleigh last year against their woeful front line. Devin had 21 rebounds in that game.

Really, you mean an athletic, 7'1 guy dominating a short, rec league team doesn't show that he'll be an NBA All Star? Whouda thunk it?

This take is completely wrong. Moore regularly sets moving screens. That one was blatant.

There's a reason Moore is limited right now.

Umm, no its not. Both the ballhandler and the screener have responsibilities in the pick and roll. If the ballhandler starts moving before Moore can get set, that is on the ballhandler.

Moore has committed moving picks where he bears responsibility. But not every single one is his fault.

Umm, no its not. Both the ballhandler and the screener have responsibilities in the pick and roll. If the ballhandler starts moving before Moore can get set, that is on the ballhandler.

Moore has committed moving picks where he bears responsibility. But not every single one is his fault.

At least half are BS calls. I'd love to see Danny get some Ts in games we have won about these calls.

Back