• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning is a horrible coach

black-toilets-5.jpg

WOW! That's an awfully nice toilet- stealthy! :thumbsup:

Actually, Buzz is a better bench coach than Manning. Buzz' problems were that he had no personality, didn't relate that well to his players and couldn't recruit. Don't know that much about Manning's personality (he seems rather quiet) or how well he relates to his players....but there is no doubt that is a much, much, much better recruiter. We would have won more games if we had Manning recruiting the players and Buzz coaching them.
Agree. But being a better game coach than Manning isn't saying much. Bzz offensive sets were much better as well. And he did beat UNC, Duke, NCSU and Miami at home. We won't duscuss his road record.

The bold is a completely asinine statement.

So you want to repeal, but you don't have anybody to replace?

Gotcha.

Fat lotta good it did last time to come up with a list- we talked about it for months and ended up with Manning.

Personally, I don't think he is the coach for Wake, but I recognize he has this year and next to change everyone's mind. I'll figure out who I would like to get towards the end of next year.

But make no mistake- we will suck this year. And unless Brown is a star, I'm not sure how we end up being anything better that a fringe bubble team next year. Which is pretty fucking sad for a coach in year 4.

I don't know if I've watched an hour of college hoops in the last year. Lol at lifting a finger to compile a list. Funny how that little shrimp will spend his whole work day tomorrow doing just that for 200 words trying to make himself appear to be some kind of expert to a bunch of randos, most of whom have come to the realization nothing is changing until somebody puts a bullet in Wellman and even then we're probably never coming back.

I don't know if I've watched an hour of college hoops in the last year. Lol at lifting a finger to compile a list. Funny how that little shrimp will spend his whole work day tomorrow doing just that for 200 words trying to make himself appear to be some kind of expert to a bunch of randos, most of whom have come to the realization nothing is changing until somebody puts a bullet in Wellman and even then we're probably never coming back.

Haha if I spent all day doing it then I'm sure I could crank out more than 200 words. Hell you just cranked out 83 words yourself.

Also, all jokes aside, saying nothing will change until somebody "puts a bullet in Wellman" is pretty disgusting.

Last edited:
Maybe I've been down under too long that's an expression I hear weekly to refer to getting fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bold is a completely asinine statement.

So you want to repeal, but you don't have anybody to replace?

Gotcha.

Lol. You honestly think a fan needs to analyze the coaching market, have an idea of who might be available and interested, and have a list of replacements in mind before they can surmise that their current coach doesn't deserve the job? That's not how this works.

Lol. You honestly think a fan needs to analyze the coaching market, have an idea of who might be available and interested, and have a list of replacements in mind before they can surmise that their current coach doesn't deserve the job? That's not how this works.

How this works is internet. Just say whatever dumb shit you feel. End of story.

Considering you dislike the current AD and his hires, why do you think that he is going to hire anybody better than who is already here? At least with the coach we have currently we are in year 3. If we start with a new coach and the same level, we are 3 years back again.

We also have three solid sophomores in place, as well as a potential MCDAA coming in next season.

Considering you dislike the current AD and his hires, why do you think that he is going to hire anybody better than who is already here? At least with the coach we have currently we are in year 3. If we start with a new coach and the same level, we are 3 years back again.

We also have three solid sophomores in place, as well as a potential MCDAA coming in next season.

We have 1 really good sophomore in place, 1 good sophomore, and 1 sophomore who is nothing but potential at this point.

Moore played like 3 minutes on Monday. Solid is not a word I would use to describe him. You have no idea what you are getting from him from game to game.

As an aside, how many "solid sophomores" did [name redacted] have during the 2013-2014 season?

Crawford, for this year, is averaging 13/6/3 with 45/30/77 splits. Small sample size, but those numbers are close to his 2015-2016 averages (14/4/3 with 39/35/68 splits).

As a sophomore, Miller-McIntyre averaged 12.6/4/3 on 43/20/63. Crawford is better, but only by so much. People were still pumping up Miller-McIntyre as a sophomore, proclaiming he and Thomas would take Wake back to prominence. They then turned on him pretty hard by his senior year. Hope things work out better for Crawford.

ETA- to the extent you were talking about Woods instead of Moore, feel free to disregard the rant about Moore. Overall, I'm not nearly as bullish on the sophomore class as you are. I think we have a pro who stays this year and maybe 1 more in Collins, a project who may or may not ever develop (Moore) and then two guys who are mid-level ACC players (Crawford and Woods). If they are playing in the Taron Downey/Trent Strickland roles for a team, great. If they are trying to be 1 of the 3 best players on the team, not great.

Last edited:
Crawford is much better at this point than CMM was. One terrible game out of a seven game group this year skews Crawford's numbers.

You also forgot another soph who is averaging 13.4/4.4 reb/3.7 assists.

Wow! One bad road game and there are posters longing for the <name redacted> days? Unbelievable. I guess it's a similar compulsion as when you break up with someone, you try to get back together with the ex-flame. There is some comfort in what you know but you usually realized there was a reason for the breakup in the first place.

I was talking about Woods, not Moore.

Crawford is better than a "good" sophomore. He's one of 13 players in the country averaging 13+ PPG/6+ APG.

I don't see how that's much worse than throwing someone under a bus.

What is the origin of the verb "to fire" in the first place?

Where do you place Crawford in the pecking order of PGs in the ACC?

Off the top of my head he's probably 4th/5th right now in the league behind: Berry, Perrantes, and Smith. Jackson is hard to tell.

Snyder, Gillon, and Farrell are different types of player but somewhere around him.

Jackson has more talent/higher ceiling but not sure how to really compare them right now.

I don't see how that's much worse than throwing someone under a bus.

What is the origin of the verb "to fire" in the first place?

Shakespeare used "fire out" as 'to drive out' or 'to kick out' and it seems like the "out" got dropped in 19c.

Oxford suggests it's paired with usage of "discharge" which definitely has to do with a firearm.

Off the top of my head he's probably 4th/5th right now in the league behind: Berry, Perrantes, and Smith. Jackson is hard to tell.

Snyder, Gillon, and Farrell are different types of player but somewhere around him.

Jackson has more talent/higher ceiling but not sure how to really compare them right now.

Yeah, I had him at 6th. Berry, Perrantes, Smith, Jackson/Allen (not sure who the actual PG is on that team) and the kid from Miami. I guess we can just disagree on how good the 4th-6th best PG in the ACC is.

I don't think he is a guy who is going to win us a lot of games in the ACC. Collins, surrounded by other good talent, is good enough get us to to between 6-8 in the conference as a #1 guy. I don't think Crawford is any better than a 3rd best player on a good team. His defense hurts the team a fair bit, and his offense is not dynamic enough to overcome that.

Maybe I am wrong, and he will carry us to some wins in conference this year. I hope so.

Back