• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning is a horrible coach

berneses

Reaction score
Not sure how Wake loses that game. Just horrible coaching. No passing, firing up 3 pointers with a massive height advantage. The guy is just not going to make it as a head coach. looks like a good assistant to me.

He should have never been hired. At least he has improved the talent. Time for him to go...it will only get worse from here

I don't understand how JC had so few touches over last 8 minutes. That's on Danny. If players aren't executing, call a TO. First game where I'm wondering what our future is with Manning at the healm. Talent is WAY better. Just question our in game coaching and adjustments sometimes.

First season you've wondered what it will be like with an inexperienced coach at the helm of a massive rebuilding project?

God bless you.

Fact of the matter is that Wellman has to go first. For starters, he has too much pride (or whatever you want to call it) to have to concede that a third straight coach has failed. Secondly, we don't want him to be the one that makes the next hire.

I'm not saying Danny is a worldb eater, but how much has JC improved? Dinos?

If he's such a terrible coach how come we were Top 10 nationally in FG% and 3 point % as well as Top 25 in scoring and FT%?

Crawford should have sat the second half. Talented, but really, really selfish player. Childress should be running point most of the time. Lack of touches for Collins was inexcusable

Chill will be the next WF coach.

Really, you want one of Manning's assistants, who has a part in this mess to replace him? I love Randolph to death, but we need to make sure the next coach we hire is a good one and Randolph would just be a "hire and hope" move.

If he's such a terrible coach how come we were Top 10 nationally in FG% and 3 point % as well as Top 25 in scoring and FT%?

Which is why I think he's would be a great assistant coach in charge of the post players. His offensive and defensive systems and game management leave a lot to be desired.

Chill will be the next WF coach.

That's one way to turn a lost decade into two. Best case scenario, he learns on the job and gets us back to respectability 4-5 seasons down the road...it will very likely take a while though, because his "mentors" in coaching have been [name redacted] and Manning. Worst case, he's an utter failure and sticks around 3+ seasons longer than he should because you can't fire Randolph Childress.

Didn't look like it last night. :tard:

I disagree that Danny Manning has failed.

There are certainly areas of improvement that are needed, but I still think we are headed on the right trajectory. Perhaps I'm just naive.

I disagree that Danny Manning has failed.

There are certainly areas of improvement that are needed, but I still think we are headed on the right trajectory. Perhaps I'm just naive.

You are correct, you are naive

You are correct, you are naive

Our best two players are sophomores, and the third best player may be a sophomore too. There's a fair amount of reason for optimism with Brown coming in to play the 3 next season.

Back