• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Final Four

Pulling for Clemson to embarrass OSU.

Think Washington should've been 3 and OSU 4. Make OSU play Bama in the semis.

Think Washington should've been 3 and OSU 4. Make OSU play Bama in the semis.

I guess that was the punishment for Washington's non-conf schedule, whilst OSU beat Oklahoma.

Or it's just their brand name

i would have put osu #2. more confirmation that every week matters which is the biggest reason cfb is great.

It's the same bottom line that is preventing the NCAA from coming down hard on UNC athletics.

Horsefeathers. No school has been more thoroughly investigated than UNC. We are the Hillary Clinton of college sports. Forever persecuted by the hatred and fears of our enemies.

If this was the basketball committee no way they would've gone Wash over Penn St., FWIW. Non-conf SOS is hugely valued there.

But they don't have to deal with the political ramifications of giving one conference 4 bids over 3 years, and another conference one in the same time frame (which would've been less of a problem if Ohio State had been left out in 2014)

Last edited:
I guess that was the punishment for Washington's non

This is true. Wash had the really good conference wins against ranked teams either where they ended up or where they were when played. But it is hard to have Rutgers [2-10], Idaho [8-4] & Portland St [1AA-3-8] help you out. Ohio State has Bowling Green [4-8] , Tulsa [9-3] & @ Oklahoma [11-2]. Better overall.

It is just a bit absurd to me that Ohio State can get into the playoff when they weren't even able to win their division in conference (much less actually win the title). Bama, Clemson, and Washington at least earned their way in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To paraphrase the great Richard Nixon, "We are all Clemson fans now."

To paraphrase the great Richard Nixon, "We are all Clemson fans now."

Not sure I like the Urban v. Dabo coaching match-up. Clemson was a gagged N.C. State field goal (from XP distance) from an exhibition postseason. The worst part is Ohio State didn't deserve to get in, but will win anyway. I think we have to put the chips on the Hound's-tooth Assassin from Trailer-loola.

Back