• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former USC and NFL RB Joe McKnight gunned down in New Orleans

you see a gun, you're already dead or seriously injured (if the guy can shoot). Hence the reason these laws are drafted to be able to protect oneself from the threat of death or serious bodily injury. Do you know what McKnight was verbalizing to the shooter? How do you know he didn't scream "I'll f'ing kill you!" and reach behind his back or in his pocket?

You're a coward if you really live in this sort of fear of fellow human beings.

Who the fuck gets out of their car with road rage? That's so bizarre to me

Very sad though, regardless

you see a gun, you're already dead or seriously injured (if the guy can shoot). Hence the reason these laws are drafted to be able to protect oneself from the threat of death or serious bodily injury. Do you know what McKnight was verbalizing to the shooter? How do you know he didn't scream "I'll f'ing kill you!" and reach behind his back or in his pocket?

How do you know he didn't try to get him to accept Jesus Christ as his Savior?

You don't know what McKnight was doing. You're just assuming he's the worst person possible to justify the actions of a killer.

Who the fuck gets out of their car with road rage? That's so bizarre to me

Very sad though, regardless

Who fucking shoots somebody from a driver's seat with no car in front of them because of road rage? That's so bizarre to me.

I kinda understand the castle defense because you're not particularly mobile if someone threatens you in your home.

But if someone comes toward your car and you're scared, just drive away.

I hate saying this, but Ibleed is right. We have no idea what happened. And because of that, the shooter is most likely never charged. Horrible situation.

Who fucking shoots somebody from a driver's seat with no car in front of them because of road rage? That's so bizarre to me.

Hey I'd get a lead foot in a heartbeat. That'd scare the shit out of me if someone got out of their car and came towards my window

I hate saying this, but Ibleed is right. We have no idea what happened. And because of that, the shooter is most likely never charged. Horrible situation.

And just to be clear, I am talking about what probably will happen based on what we know, not what I think should happen.

If there is any of McKnight's blood or his fingerprints inside the car, no way he is ever charged. If not, the guy may still be charged. I went back and looked at the press conference and it looks like the police are still looking for some eyewitnesses, which may still change the equation.

I don't know how this Kill the Carjacker thing works/applies here, but usually self-defense is an affirmative defense, so if you're giving the benefit of the doubt to the shooter when we don't know what happened, you're doing it wrong.

Just looked at the Stand Your Ground law. It only applies if the person is attempting to enter your car. Has that been alleged here? Hadn't seen that anywhere

Just looked at the Stand Your Ground law. It only applies if the person is attempting to enter your car. Has that been alleged here? Hadn't seen that anywhere

Plus, it wasn't like he was being blocked in or anything. When McKnight got out of his car, Gasser could have driven away. He had time to make a choice and did.

And just to be clear, I am talking about what probably will happen based on what we know, not what I think should happen.

If there is any of McKnight's blood or his fingerprints inside the car, no way he is ever charged. If not, the guy may still be charged. I went back and looked at the press conference and it looks like the police are still looking for some eyewitnesses, which may still change the equation.

So they would need to find McKnight's fingerprints on the car as well.

Ten years ago the shooter followed another car into a gas station parking lot after a verbal altercation at the same intersection and beat the guy up. Zimmerman 2.0

Guns

Ten years ago the shooter followed another car into a gas station parking lot after a verbal altercation at the same intersection and beat the guy up. Zimmerman 2.0

Guns: it's the American way to handle disputes-toddlers shoot their mom and moms sometimes shoot their kids-wacko guys shoot up schools and gangsters shoot up their neighborhood. Thanks, Thomas Jefferson!

We don't know and won't know for sure until the police make their investigation findings public. Just because it hasn't been alleged publicly doesn't mean it hasn't been alleged. The only story we've heard so far was the made up one that people ran with here as a fact, only to be disproven by forensics and other evidence.

We don't know and won't know for sure until the police make their investigation findings public. Just because it hasn't been alleged publicly doesn't mean it hasn't been alleged. The only story we've heard so far was the made up one that people ran with here as a fact, only to be disproven by forensics and other evidence.

what? someone told a newspaper that false witness account and it was in the original post, wasn't mentioned again until post #7 on this thread in which it was debunked.

since that post everything that has been discussed has been based on the sherriff's description of the event

what? someone told a newspaper that false witness account and it was in the original post, wasn't mentioned again until post #7 on this thread in which it was debunked.

since that post everything that has been discussed has been based on the sherriff's description of the event

It was referenced as fact a few different times in the fascism thread.

Back