• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

Wait a second, did I just get PhDeac to ask for the PM?

Sorry guys, but after reading through pages of discussion of Creamy's PM I couldn't help but play along.

Yes, yes you did. It was impressive and once PH asked, I had to end the trolling.

Sorry folks.

Thanks Creamy.
Looks like things are heating up and an official announcement could be coming soon

al-golden-lions.jpg

"The officially unofficial home of SeawolvesNation. Blogging all things Stony Brook Seawolves."

Jackson was DC (or co-DC?) in one not great year at Syracuse, FWIW. But he's done great work in various defensive position coach roles.

Lyle Hemphill was named by Football Scoop as the FCS Coordinator of the Year in 2015.

Derrick Jackson coached cornerbacks last year. Elko coached safeties. Could Hemphill be coming in to coach the safeties, with Jackson keeping the corners?

Did the 10 full time assistants proposal already get approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From an article about KC Chiefs LB Victor Ochi, who graduated from Stony Brook:

Opposing offenses build their game plans around neutralizing Ochi, but he still has 11 sacks and 13 tackles for a loss this season. "We have probably one of the best defensive coaching staffs in the nation," Ochi said. "[Defensive coordinator Lyle] Hemphill is a genius. He's a phenomenal coach. He's put me in a lot of good positions to make plays despite all the attention I was getting."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-s-victor-ochi-has-grown-from-raw-recruit-to-polished-nfl-prospect-1.11144673

Back