• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

Hemphill coached under Dave Cohen at Hofstra. Foreshadowing?

There's nothing to share. This is a running joke.

Made so much more hilarious by the longevity in each stupid thread and the sheer number of people who "wanna be cool" and join in on it.

Oh, and the fact that it shows up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD discussing coaching searches or recruiting.

So hiliarous....right up there with whoopie cushions. :rofl:

Made so much more hilarious by the longevity in each stupid thread and the sheer number of people who "wanna be cool" and join in on it.

Oh, and the fact that it shows up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD discussing coaching searches or recruiting.

So hiliarous....right up there with whoopie cushions. :rofl:

PM please

Also, it comes from the same people who talk down to anyone for liking what they deem "low-brow" comedy like sitcoms or goofy ass STUPID ON PURPOSE movies.

So weird.

So, we have a full complement of coaches now? Do we think that means we are promoting from within for the D.C.?

We lost Elko, Scheier, and Lea. We've only hired Lineburg and Hemphill. It's possible Cohen could be the DC and we hire another position coach. I assume we wouldn't hire a defensive position coach before getting the DC.

So, we have a full complement of coaches now? Do we think that means we are promoting from within for the D.C.?

I think that Wake is minus 3 (Elko, Schier and Lea) and plus 2 (Lineburg, Hemphill) for coaches at the moment

It would be nice if the official web site would update the coaches and roster pages. Still have the departed listed as coaches and the new guys not yet listed.

Likewise the player roster for 2016 should be frozen and considered final. It just looks weird to have the roster missing names of players that aren't around anymore, either by transfer or graduation, yet the participation and game stats include them. A new 2017 roster would fix both problems.

Hey 94, is there an odds on favorite at this point or are we all pretty much in the dark?

It would be nice if the official web site would update the coaches and roster pages. Still have the departed listed as coaches and the new guys not yet listed.

Likewise the player roster for 2016 should be frozen and considered final. It just looks weird to have the roster missing names of players that aren't around anymore, either by transfer or graduation, yet the participation and game stats include them. A new 2017 roster would fix both problems.

Agree. Sports Info right on top of things, as usual.

Hey 94, is there an odds on favorite at this point or are we all pretty much in the dark?

The only reason that I would say there is an odds on favorite is because of the report that Wake is hiring an assistant that worked for Cohen. That has the feel of Cohen being allowed to bring in one of his own guys once promoted to DC.

But that's obviously far less than conclusive. The only other name out there seems to be Jay Sawvel, and even that is not a direct link (the reporter highlighted only that he was mulling opportunities at "ACC schools")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never have thought Clawson & Wake would have this much trouble getting organized and hiring a DC.

Well it looks like they had Robb Smith locked up until Fleck got hired and stole him.

Moving Cohen up now might be a little awkward, as it would look like a "settling" choice. That is, efforts to hire from outside didn't work, so the guy down the hall gets promoted when all else fails.

I still look for someone from outside the current Wake coaches to get the DC job. I haven't a clue as to who that might be.

I would never have thought Clawson & Wake would have this much trouble getting organized and hiring a DC.

I don't think it's "that much trouble" really. Clawson said he was going to take his time to get it right. Throw in the whole Smith/Fleck thing and here we are.

Back