• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

I mean, if Coach Clawson hires him, I think it is safe to say he has done his due diligence on both the guy as a coach and the issues at Arkansas this year. I doubt he was just like "this guy coached in the SEC! Must be great!" Its not like theReff is hiring him or something.

Yep. That's where I am on this. This guy was apparently an up and coming star until he had one bad year. There may be something Clawson knows that gives him confidence Smith can do well at Wake.

And most importantly, if he doesn't do the job, we have some confidence Clawson will fire him.

Clawson probably sympathizes with a rising star running into an awful year as a coordinator at an SEC school.

Don't like the spelling of his name, "Robb." Pretty douchey.

FootballScoop is reporting that Mike London is the new head coach at Howard. Safe to say he's not in the running.

Good for him. Was wondering if he would ever leave the area. Guess not.

Remember that Arkansas held VT scoreless in the 1st half. The offense was really bad the second half. Maybe Clawson figures the guy is used to trying to hold the fort with no help from the offense

Remember that Arkansas held VT scoreless in the 1st half. The offense was really bad the second half. Maybe Clawson figures the guy is used to trying to hold the fort with no help from the offense

They were 2nd in the SEC in scoring last year and moved the ball decent this year but were pretty turnover-prone so that didn't help. The D was put into some bad spots against VT.

The Arkansas media guide says that Robb Smith was assigned to recruiting central and western Florida. That happens to be substantially the same area covered by Elko.

Not listening to anything a bunch of Arkansas rubes have to say about anything. The fact we could hire an SEC level coordinator to Wake is incredible. I guess we want to take a chance on a linebacker coach from the MAC so we can set ourselves up for [ ] again.

The Arkansas media guide says that Robb Smith was assigned to recruiting central and western Florida. That happens to be substantially the same area covered by Elko.

That's good stuff right there.

any recent recruiting battles between WF & AR?

So who is committed to Arkansas that he was directly responsible for recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty exciting news. I have a feeling that Clawson and Co are going to make an immediate jump in recruiting once the rest of the new staff is in place. Good things to come, folks.

So who is committed to Arkansas that he was directly responsible for recruiting?

Going off the recruiting thread we only crossed with Arkansas for QBs. We had early interest in Daulton Hyatt who committed to Arkansas. Arkansas may or may not have offered our commit Taylor Powell.

Deac94 can answer for sure.

Going off the recruiting thread we only crossed with Arkansas for QBs. We had early interest in Daulton Hyatt who committed to Arkansas. Arkansas may or may not have offered our commit Taylor Powell.

Deac94 can answer for sure.

I don't think that answers his question. I think that he wants to know who the defensive coordinator was directly responsible for recruiting probably because he wants to get a sense of whether the defensive coordinator is a good recruiter.

I don't think that answers his question. I think that he wants to know who the defensive coordinator was directly responsible for recruiting probably because he wants to get a sense of whether the defensive coordinator is a good recruiter.

I think he was seeing if we could flip anybody. The only commit from central or western FL is a 3* RB from Punta Gorda.

Sort of both, I wanted to see who he was responsible for recruiting to Arkansas to see if he is a good recruiter but also to see if he might have been the lead recruiter for a position of need for us. An Arkansas blog tweeted back at Les Johns and said that he was not known for his recruiting fwiw.

Back