• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

I have a friend who wrote a long passionate email to Snyder begging him to take the Wake when Odom resigned. His wife responded, "Thanks ______!" and that was it.

AKA Larry Brown's daughter, if I am not mistaken.

I forgot. She actually responded, "Thanks [his Yahoo nickname]! Happy at Mizzou!"

I don't see any reason why Mack would leave Xavier, aside from maybe money.

I mean, I don't know enough about him or his motivations, but Xavier isn't really the mid-major it used to be. Why leave somewhere that already seems like the perfect fit?

You can absolutely compete for a national championship at Xavier (especially now)... They have the 2nd most NCAA appearances (27) without a Final Four (BYU has 29).

I agree with that. Compare Marquette and Indiana since Crean started at Marquette and since he left for Indiana. If you're happy and winning at X, stay.

Indiana ain't what it used to be. Not that great of a job.

indiana one of the few places that isn't much of a step up from ohio

I don't see any reason why Mack would leave Xavier, aside from maybe money.

I mean, I don't know enough about him or his motivations, but Xavier isn't really the mid-major it used to be. Why leave somewhere that already seems like the perfect fit?

You can absolutely compete for a national championship at Xavier (especially now)... They have the 2nd most NCAA appearances (27) without a Final Four (BYU has 29).

Mack is a Xavier alum and former player and then assistant coach. He has it rolling but IU is still a very good job.How can a school with 5 national titles not be that good a job? Look at the other teams in Indiana that have been good while IU has been down. Butler, Purdue, and maybe ND are taking talent away from IU that had been theirs before Crean arrived. If the next coach gets even some of that talent back, they are rolling again.

Not sure how completely accurate these numbers are, but Mack apparently makes $1.1M at Xavier and Crean was making $3.1M at IU. That's enough reason right there.

Not sure how completely accurate these numbers are, but Mack apparently makes $1.1M at Xavier and Crean was making $3.1M at IU. That's enough reason right there.

Was just about to say, these jobs don't exist in a vacuum. Indiana is going to be able to pay a helluva lot more to a basketball coach than Xavier.

Indiana sucks but Bloomington is pretty cool.

Besides salary, way more resources at IU to win. Don't be dense, guys.

At the very least, Mack can use these suitors to get more money out of Xavier.

I am not saying Indiana isn't a better job. I'm saying it might not be a better job for Chris Mack.

At the very least, Mack can use these suitors to get more money out of Xavier.

I am not saying Indiana isn't a better job. I'm saying it might not be a better job for Chris Mack.

This and IU would have egg in their face if no amount of $$$ can move Mack.

Bloomington is a cool college town, but their boosters and fans are the worst of the worst. Money is meaningful, but it's not everything. If I'm Mack, I use this tournament to double my salary and stay in Cincinnati.

Mack clearly loves X. His problem may be that if X knows they can get Kelsey for what they're paying Mack, they may be fine letting Mack walk.

Back