• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

I don't know much about Southern California culture so help me out. Looking at a map, there's probably a large percentage of the Chargers fan base who will still be within two hours of the stadium.

ESPN is saying the Chargers might play a season in the LA Galaxy stadium that can be expanded to seat around 30,000. Geez.

Yeah, I don't know that the Chargers will be long for LA, and playing at the Galaxy stadium is a joke. But I don't know that Spanos had a better option. The NFL and Chargers were willing to pay for the majority for a new stadium - a deal that was a whole lot better for the city than most other stadium deals have been for other cities. But San Diego wouldn't budge. That said, I'm not sure why Spanos didn't look at other cities, like San Antonio, Salt Lake City, St Louis or OKC.

Good for them especially if they're just moving up the road. Let LA deal with the expenses and fans can still drive up.

I don't know much about Southern California culture so help me out. Looking at a map, there's probably a large percentage of the Chargers fan base who will still be within two hours of the stadium.

ESPN is saying the Chargers might play a season in the LA Galaxy stadium that can be expanded to seat around 30,000. Geez.

As long as I can remember, the Chargers have always had the most woeful home attendance. No matter the record, their stadium was never full, and it was blanketed in the opposing team's colors. Downsizing is probably a good thing, but to 30,000 is excessive.

How long before Raiders to Las Vegas is announced? That's exciting. Two professional sports teams going to Sin City!

I think Bills Mafia in Vegas would be an absolute shitshow. Dealer gets blackjack? TOMBSTONE HIM ON THE TABLE!

Stadium deals are rarely good moves for cities. Smart of San Diego to not give in.

Good for them especially if they're just moving up the road. Let LA deal with the expenses and fans can still drive up.
It's two hours to San Diego if the stars align and the clouds part and there's no traffic and you're going from south LA to North San Diego and your destination isn't far off a major highway

Could easily be a 4-5 trip each way on gamed

They should put a team in Orange County, seems like that is where most NFL fans come from for the Rams at least

It's two hours to San Diego if the stars align and the clouds part and there's no traffic and you're going from south LA to North San Diego and your destination isn't far off a major highway

Could easily be a 4-5 trip each way on gamed

Is there a train?

I would not be surprised to see the Chargers move back to SD as soon as they can get out of their lease. If they continue to suck, no one will go to their games and no one in the LA market will care enough to watch them on TV.

I've seen the new logo described as something generic you'd see in a move where they couldn't get rights to a real team and also has the LA Dodgers-meets Poochie.

I mean there's trains between the two cities, but I assume you'd have to Uber once you arrived in LA

AMTRAK goes to Union Station from SD. It's a looooooooooooong UBER ride to get to Hollywood Park in Inglewood. It would be shorter to drive from SD to LAX.

BTW, Buckets, I'm wating for my tix to your superbox.

I mean there's trains between the two cities, but I assume you'd have to Uber once you arrived in LA

They'll need to work on that.

Just saw it confirmed that the Chargers will play 2 seasons at the Stub Hub Center, 30,000 seat home of the LA Galaxy.

This is like getting a divorce and crashing on your buddy's couch for 2 years.

Back