• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

Raiders should be going back to LA and the Chargers should be going to Vegas.

The Raiders outrated the Rams in L.A. this year. NFL effed this up putting the Chargers ahead of the Raiders in the LA pecking order

Last edited:
Chargers will be LA's team, we're ready to ditch the Rams after the Goff and having no picks.

That's why bad franchises stay bad.

The other two youngest coaches in NFL made the playoffs this year, but ok.

This one does seem excessively young. Making me feel like shit for sorting spreadsheets for a living at 29.

I am not saying the public should have financed a stadium, but Qualcomm is a dump. They might have the original jumbotron for video screens.

If running a stadium were profitable, then owners would build them themselves.

At least sharing a stadium makes some sense - 16 home games instead of only 8.

Times like this makes one appreciate the publicly owned Packers.

I am not saying the public should have financed a stadium, but Qualcomm is a dump. They might have the original jumbotron for video screens.

But who really cares? It is 8 to hopefully 10 days out of the year for 4 hours each day. So a max of 40 hours per year that paying fans spend inside it for NFL purposes. If the team is winning, has anyone ever said "nah I'll pass on going to my favorite team's home game because the stadium is old"? Of course not. As long as it has suites or suites can be added on, I've never understood why owners push for new stadiums; they can just jack up the prices at the old stadiums and people will still pay.

Owners push for new stadiums as an excuse to raise the ticket prices and fleece the public for more money.

The other two youngest coaches in NFL made the playoffs this year, but ok.

This one does seem excessively young. Making me feel like shit for sorting spreadsheets for a living at 29.

They were the 12th highest scoring team and 21st in rushing. They were Top 3 in passing yards but was that because of playing from behind or that he wasn't good on rush design? The Skins have a set of very good receivers so the passing numbers were a lot easier to attain.

This guy hasn't set the world on fire. Nor does he have a lot of experience. He is a big stretch.

Chargers will be LA's team, we're ready to ditch the Rams after the Goff and having no picks.

Nobody cares about the Chargers and they have had terrible management for decades. If they didn't play in the communistic NFL, who protects bad ownership and management from failing, they'd be out of business.

When I think classy, I think East Rutherford New Jersey.

Agreed though. The values of these teams and concombinantly the net worth of the owners' has become so ridiculous that they should all be forced to finance at least 75% of new stadiums (municipalities should still be able to contribute, consult on design and location and help connect with public transit). If you build it as mixed use and make it a part of the neighborhood, it shouldn't be hard to make it profitable for the community.

The Benzie BHole opens this spring for ATL MLS.

tempOctober2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

But who really cares? It is 8 to hopefully 10 days out of the year for 4 hours each day. So a max of 40 hours per year that paying fans spend inside it for NFL purposes. If the team is winning, has anyone ever said "nah I'll pass on going to my favorite team's home game because the stadium is old"? Of course not. As long as it has suites or suites can be added on, I've never understood why owners push for new stadiums; they can just jack up the prices at the old stadiums and people will still pay.

It wasn't just old, because watching a game in an old stadium doesn't bother me. It was in terrible shape in my opinion. They could have easily spent a few million to upgrade the video screens. When you are sitting in one end zone and can't really see what the replay is showing on a video screen because it's smaller than the average persons TV with a resolution of 48p, that's kind of a problem.

It wasn't just old, because watching a game in an old stadium doesn't bother me. It was in terrible shape in my opinion. They could have easily spent a few million to upgrade the video screens. When you are sitting in one end zone and can't really see what the replay is showing on a video screen because it's smaller than the average persons TV with a resolution of 48p, that's kind of a problem.

But you are still going to show up if they are winning and it will sell out. Rather than pay $1 billion on a stadium to get people to show up, throw $15 million at a top-level coach and GM.

But you are still going to show up if they are winning and it will sell out. Rather than pay $1 billion on a stadium to get people to show up, throw $15 million at a top-level coach and GM.

Even when San Diego was winning their stadium was overrun by visiting fans. I don't think spending money on a stadium is a deterrent for spending money on your team when you're a billionaire.

SD native Major Garrett to the Chargers on the 1A Friday News Roundup: "Good luck and good riddance."

For years, the NFL used the threat of moving teams to LA to get cities to pony up for new stadiums. What will they do now that LA has two teams? SD doesn't seem to want a team. If Oakland lets the Raiders go, will they want another team? If they don't, would another team want to move to Vegas? Is Vegas even a good location in the first place?

Given that Spanos has to pay $55-65M/year for the next ten years to allow him to move, it looks like a bad business deal. According to Forbes, the Chargers only had $55M in net operating income. Just to break even they have generate a ton more revenue. This is not that likely being the #2 team in a market, even if that market is bigger.

They have little to no base in the LA market and will lose a lot of the market share in SD. They don't own any piece of the new stadium. If you don't win in LA, you don't draw. You don't sell merchandise. It's very possible that all that will save the Spanos family's Charger's fortune is the NFL's welfare state revenues.

Sad Sad Day for this San Diego Fan. Dean Spanos is a dick.

Back