• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

cville loooooooves him some jim caldwell

Not as much that as I think Seattle is down right now and isn't going far. And yeah, I'm happy to see him doing reasonably well with mediocre talent. I get that he didn't do well at Wake, but he's a good man and has had some decent success in the pros. And yeah, I think he gets too much animosity on these boards. But the more interesting coach in Detroit is Teryl Austin. Hope he gets a good HC gig soon.

The Lions were 27th in Football Outsiders' metrics.

Behind the Jaguars.

Granted, the Texans are even worse

I can't be the only one who was really excited when I thought this was an MMA/WWE thread.

Seattle's D hasn't been as good, and their OL is atrocious. And Atlanta has a decent enough pass rush. I can't see them winning in Atlanta without their all-pro safety. And this presumes they beat Detroit - I'll take the Lions +8.

Atlanta is 28th in pass yards allowed and 22nd in opponent passer rating. Their pass defense is mediocre at best and probably bad. It's overshadowed by their insane offense, which is why, along with playing at home, they'll beat Seattle (but not blow them out).

And the Lions winning in Seattle is laughable. They *might* cover, but they played four playoff teams all season and lost to every. single. one (HOU, NYG, DAL, GB twice). Their entire season was smoke and mirrors against a dumpster schedule.

Atlanta is 28th in pass yards allowed and 22nd in opponent passer rating. Their pass defense is mediocre at best and probably bad. It's overshadowed by their insane offense, which is why, along with playing at home, they'll beat Seattle (but not blow them out).

And the Lions winning in Seattle is laughable. They *might* cover, but they played four playoff teams all season and lost to every. single. one (HOU, NYG, DAL, GB twice). Their entire season was smoke and mirrors against a dumpster schedule.

That's why I said pass rush as opposed to pass D. Didn't Beasley lead the league in sacks? That's 1 of the bigger differences on the Falcons this year as opposed to last. But yeah, they're still weak on the back end.

Who said anything about the Lions winning? I think they could, but it's doubtful. But yes, I'd take the 8 points against a Seattle team that is also limping into the playoffs without Thomas and with 1 of the worst OLs in the game. Whoever wins this game won't be winning a 2nd game.

Crennel will make life miserable for Connor Cook. He's got talent, but the sheer lack of exposure to NFL defenses will catch up to him quick. Crennel likes to disguise and move guys all over the place, don't be surprised to see a few picks. Houston will need TOs to generate enough FGs to win.

In the last two years, Fitzpatrick and Hoyer both played much better after being benched for a few games. I don't expect much from Brock, but he did look competent against Tennessee last week.

why is the Oakland game at Houston given their respective records?

The AFC needs a clause that says no AFC South team gets in unless they have 11 wins.

Also, isn't Eli undefeated at Lambeau in the playoffs? #samplesize

Eli is 5-1 on the road in the playoffs (6-0 ATS)... if you include Super Bowls (which aren't home games), he's 7-1 (8-0 ATS).

I like the Raiders today. Maybe it's because I remember the Chiefs kicking the shit out of them in a similar spot last year (first game of wild card weekend).

Not sure on the rest... lines moving in the direction of the favorites. Saw all 4 road teams win last year... That's clearly not going to happen again. I'll probably pass... slight lean toward DET & NYG. PITT should win easy, but I'm not laying double digits. No way.

Good to see some acknowledgement that the no-call on that TD was bad. The DB turned around to play the ball, the WR jumped into him and grabbed his face mask to draw further contact. Hell of a catch but still.

Lions are going to lose eventually but that was poor officiating.

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: That Catch Tho

How is that not a block in the back on Russell Wilson ?

Typical officiating in a Seattle home game. Obvious calls get missed and every 50-50 call goes against the road team.

Back