• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Playoffs Thread: Super Bowl 51 - Tom Brady GOAT

Yeah, basically moving to LA sucks for SD fans

I don't see how it is a good idea. Like I said earlier, a move to Anaheim/Orange County would make more sense.

They'll need to work on that.

Just saw it confirmed that the Chargers will play 2 seasons at the Stub Hub Center, 30,000 seat home of the LA Galaxy.

This is like getting a divorce and crashing on your buddy's couch for 2 years.
Why? Its the chargers dumb decision to move

They'd have to totally rebuild Anaheim Stadium. The refittting for the Angels changed the field structure.

There's actually an AMTRAK station within a mile of Anaheim Stadium.

Seems like a better idea than playing in an MLS stadium and winging it from there

If they are going to play in an MLS stadium for 2 years they might as well only play away games to make them an interesting story.

Alternatively they also could just shut it down, disband the team allowing only the Browns, Jaguars and the Rams to draft players from their team.

If they are going to play in an MLS stadium for 2 years they might as well only play away games to make them an interesting story.

Alternatively they also could just shut it down, disband the team allowing only the Browns, Jaguars and the Rams to draft players from their team.

Are they playing in Compton for the next two seasons?

So to get to play in a new stadium they are
- moving away from their fanbase
- moving to a city that probably won't support them
- playing in a 30,000 seat soccer stadium for 2 years
- after that, leasing space in the stadium of their new cross-town rival
- getting a cheesy new logo and rebrand

Seems like an awful idea all around

People were kinda pumped to get the Rams but I haven't talked to anyone that thinks the chargers move is a good idea

The Rams and Chargers will always be in different conferences. They won't be rivals.

Nice troll by the Lightning. They could have put a splash of yellow in there to distinguish it from the Dodgers and Lightning.

The Rams just named Skins OC Sean McVay their head coach. Dude is 30.

Feels like a classic rich guy "take my toys and go somewhere else" move after SD gave the finger on public financing.

The Rams just named Skins OC Sean McVay their head coach. Dude is 30.

Dude looks like Gronk's little brother. I guess he and Snead will be fired together in 2 years after Goff continues to disappoint. This is the only way the Chargers will remotely succeed in LA - if the Rams continue to blow.

Back