• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 NASCAR Thread - Truex, KyB, Harvick & Kes for all the marbles

Dale Jr retiring after this year. Legend. One of the greatest racers of all time! Glad we got to see him do his thang! Junior!!

One of my buddies once saw Jr buying a case of beer and blunt wraps at 1:30 AM so he's a total bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as a Jr fan, this absolutely sucks. obviously i will cheer for the JRM Xfinity teams but i am not sure who i will cheer for after he leaves?? Truex, Jr or Alex Bowman The Showman after he steps into the 88.
I really hope Bowman gets the ride. After last year, he deserves it.

I was surprised he came back at all so it really doesn't surprise me that he is leaving after this year. I half expected it to be announced sometime this year, although I thought it would be later in the summer. I guess this will give all the tracks a chance to throw a farewell party for him though.

I was surprised he came back at all so it really doesn't surprise me that he is leaving after this year. I half expected it to be announced sometime this year, although I thought it would be later in the summer. I guess this will give all the tracks a chance to throw a farewell party for him though.

You mean he has been racing this year? I thought he had already retired. I didn't remember seeing his name in the finishing results.....though I usually only look at the top 12 or so finishers.

Blaney to the 88? Seems fitting....:thumbsup:

Or perhaps ol Carl Edwards?

I really hope Bowman gets the ride. After last year, he deserves it.

No, he doesn't. Good guy, middle of the pack driver that will occasionally find the front. About like Jr.

Not sure what Hendrick will do there. They already needed to make a change with the 5 car. This might save Kahne's job for another year.

We can speculate that Carl Edwards will come out of retirement to pilot a Hendrick car.

So the bigger question is how will this affect NASCAR? They've already lost several big name stars over the last 2-3 years - Stewart, Gordon, Edwards. With ratings/attendance already on the decline, Jr. leaving has to hurt the sport majorly.

So I guess the company that I work for and is his sponsor no longer finds him to be on their side.

I wish he would just go ahead & call it a career before he really hurts the old noggin again and sustains injuries that carry on forever. These guys are just now seeing what concussions can do to you with all the old football players, so it is not something to fool around with.

So the bigger question is how will this affect NASCAR? They've already lost several big name stars over the last 2-3 years - Stewart, Gordon, Edwards. With ratings/attendance already on the decline, Jr. leaving has to hurt the sport majorly.

Raise the price of tickets, concessions & parking to make up for smaller attendance. Then add a couple of gimmicks to say they are putting on a better show.

Isn't that the way NASCAR usually does it?

Jerry Punch was let go as part of the ESPN cuts. Great guy, and I hope Fox or NBC can pick him up if he's still interested in broadcasting.

Can somebody please explain this stage nonsense to me?

Its a gimmick. Some people like it but count me in the non-stagers camp.

Back