• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NCAA Tournament discussion thread (NWT or WT?)

opened the thread thinking that the ncaa would be considering back pain as one metric.

it is interesting that ronnie's departure from the committee opens the door for modern metrics to be considered.

I saw the CBS bracketology & that guy currently has both Pitt & NC St in the tournament. NC St's current resume is pathetic with Pitt not being too far behind. If Wake starts beating the teams they should, it won't take much to hop in the bubble talk.

You mean like not blowing a 13 point lead at home in the final minutes to Clemson?

“But I think when you go through the process you realize there’s still a lot of other information that’s valuable. We can look back at metrics over the last number of years, and see they have been successful in providing predictive information. But I think we understand, when you have a committee, there’s always going to be some subjectivity when you have a human element. That’s a whole lot better than trying to create some kind of a metric that all you do is plug in the numbers and then you kick out teams and there’s the tournament. I hope we never get to that, because sometimes there have to be judgments made that a computer just can’t make.”

Make no mistake, we'll get to that. Another step toward reducing everything on earth to an algorithm.

It seems like this may cut out some of the postseason magic. Am I wrong about that? Upsets should be less common, Cinderella teams as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Upsets would be actual upsets instead of poor seeding.

You mean like not blowing a 13 point lead at home in the final minutes to Clemson?

Of course that is the one that hurts thus far, but the field is weak enough where if Wake went 2-0 this week they would jump right in the bubble talk.

Of course that is the one that hurts thus far, but the field is weak enough where if Wake went 2-0 this week they would jump right in the bubble talk.

We'll need to do more than 2-0 to get even close to bubble talk. 3-4; 12-7 is not a bubble team 2/3rd's of a season through.

We'll need to do more than 2-0 to get even close to bubble talk. 3-4; 12-7 is not a bubble team 2/3rd's of a season through.

In the past, you're correct, but with our SOS and in this years ACC, 12-7 and 3-4 would put us square on the bubble.

Back