• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Winston-Salem High Schools?

BubbaJean

Reaction score
Our oldest kid is going to high school next year and we are trying to figure out which one would be best out of West, Reagan and Mt. Tabor. Anyone with current or recent experience have an opinion?

She's very smart, a nerd, and likes playing sports but is not overly athletic. (Pretty much like me except for the smart part.)

Tabor 4 lyfe dawg

Although you should probably just send your daughter to the place that she will me comfortable and will be amongst friends. Which school district are you currently living in?

She goes to Hanes now. It seems like her core group of friends are going to scatter to several different high schools which has led to our uncertainty. We live closest to Tabor but none of her closest friends are thinking about going there.

Reagan probably has the best facilities.

If she's at Hanes she will likely end up taking some classes at the career center, and reagan is maybe 5 minutes farther away.

If she's at Hanes she will likely end up taking some classes at the career center, and reagan is maybe 5 minutes farther away.

TITCR.

I was at Tabor when it split with Reagan. Reagan has great facilities and teachers now, but she will probably want to take her AP courses at the Career Center.

TITCR.

I was at Tabor when it split with Reagan. Reagan has great facilities and teachers now, but she will probably want to take her AP courses at the Career Center.

I was at Reynolds when Reagan split. FWIW I have heard that more and more AP classes are being taught at the main high-schools now. I have a little sister at Tabor right now, she seems to be doing very well there.

backhome3.jpg

Reagan is probably the best school of the three if you're really into white flight. If not:

TABOR BABY!

Also living near your HS is so much better once you have a license. It would also be more convenient for sports.

Reagan is probably the best school of the three if you're really into white flight. If not:

TABOR BABY!

Also living near your HS is so much better once you have a license. It would also be more convenient for sports.

Isn't Tabor dropping to 3A in sports though? The only drawback of Tabor I can think of. Otherwise TITCR.

My older son graduated from Mount Tabor this past Spring, while my middle child (a daughter) is a sophomore there. As parents, we have really enjoyed Mount Tabor and feel like our kids are getting a good education there. My kids enjoy going there as well and are proud of their school.

I would echo the comments of others regarding the Career Center. If your child is taking numerous AP classes, they will spend a majority of their school day downtown at the Career Center.

Being a newer school (less than 10 years old), Reagan is a modern building and has very nice facilities. A lot of the kids from our church attend Reagan HS, and they and their parents seem to really enjoy Reagan as well.

In sum, I think your daughter would have a good experience at either Mount Tabor or Reagan. (Not to denigrate Reynolds, I just don't have any personal experience regarding it.)

They've been doing it since AP began. Easier way for the district to consolidate AP personnel.

Also Carpooling to the CC was the titties.

Then they took away busing. Sorry poors.

Back