• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest versus Minnesota...anytime, anywhere Fleck!

Deaconman

Reaction score
I'm for scheduling a game between Wake and Minnesota. Seems like Fleck tried to rub Clawson's nose in it for no reason. F@&k this "row the boat" s&$t.

What is this in reference to? Am I missing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this in reference to? Am I missing something

Clawson was in the process of getting Robb Smith as DC.
Fleck took the Minnesota job, decide to let Jay Sawvel go and stole Smith.
Clawson got Sawvel.

Sawvel is going after Minnesota DB prospects.

Last edited:
Clawson was in the process of getting Robb Smith as DC.
Fleck took the Minnesota job, decide to let Jay Sawvel go and stole Smith.
Clawson got Sawvel.

Sawvel is going after Minnesota DB prospects.

But, like, why is this "beef" worthy? I think we got the better deal anyway personally.

How about at Yankee stadium next December.

I had to look it up too. Apparently, Fleck has a mantra he uses called, Row the Boat. The article I read about it from a Minnesota paper was wonky and lame, but essentially, the oars are the players and the boat is the boosters, the coaches, etc... So when Fleck yells row the boat, it essentially means move forward, we are all [in this boat] together. Yawn. Whatever works, I suppose.

I hear that Clawson is going to have the whole team do mescaline and ayahuasca this summer and have everyone pick their spirit animal to carry them through the season. I'd rather do that than row a boat.

Kudos to Clawson for the hire as well

I hear that Clawson is going to have the whole team do mescaline and ayahuasca this summer and have everyone pick their spirit animal to carry them through the season. I'd rather do that than row a boat.

Kudos to Clawson for the hire as well

Heh.

And +1

I'm for scheduling a game between Wake and Minnesota. Seems like Fleck tried to rub Clawson's nose in it for no reason. F@&k this "row the boat" s&$t.

PJ is attempting to take the 'Row the Boat' phrase with him to Minnesota, even though it's trademarked by W. Michigan.

"When we first put it out there, you had to be able to have a trademark and licensing, I think it was with the university, or you can't sell it as a university logo through the NCAA rules," Fleck said. "So they basically own those rights to it, and that was something that I gave them the ability to do, because I never saw a dollar from it, never saw a cent from it, but we were able to create some type of culture.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18456240/pj-fleck-seek-row-boat-rights-minnesota-golden-gophers

PJ is attempting to take the 'Row the Boat' phrase with him to Minnesota, even though it's trademarked by W. Michigan.

"When we first put it out there, you had to be able to have a trademark and licensing, I think it was with the university, or you can't sell it as a university logo through the NCAA rules," Fleck said. "So they basically own those rights to it, and that was something that I gave them the ability to do, because I never saw a dollar from it, never saw a cent from it, but we were able to create some type of culture.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18456240/pj-fleck-seek-row-boat-rights-minnesota-golden-gophers

Yeah: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85939783&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

ROW THE BOAT for college sports owned by the Board of Trustees of Western Michigan University. Don't think Fleck is going to be using that much longer.

Back