• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stand back, there's a hurricane coming: vs. Miami tonight

The odds of Wake blowing a 10 point lead are much higher than UVA, if talent equal, simply because there will be more possessions in Wake game. Also a highly volatile team, who gets tons of steals and hits tons of 3s with lots of offensive turnovers and defensives lapses, is much more likely to blow a lead than a low volatile team.

If all of that, plus more goes into the winning percentage, you are correct, but I suspect there may be variables not taken into effect in that percentage.

Right, I should have stipulated that tempo matters too. I really have no idea how KP takes a look at all that.

The odds of Wake blowing a 10 point lead are much higher than UVA, if talent equal, simply because there will be more possessions in Wake game. Also a highly volatile team, who gets tons of steals and hits tons of 3s with lots of offensive turnovers and defensives lapses, is much more likely to blow a lead than a low volatile team.

If all of that, plus more goes into the winning percentage, you are correct, but I suspect there may be variables not taken into effect in that percentage.

Interestingly those same factors would predict the obverse: that Wake is more likely to HAVE a 10 point lead (or a 10 point deficit) than UVA.

This is a bad tendency by officials. What really bugged me was when the same official called double fouls on Dinos and the guy guarding him and did this twice in a minute-- come on, that is a cop out at best. If there is a foul, call it. If players are fighting for position, then let them fight for position.

Or stop the game and tell them to cool it-no foul call. Refs need to use their whistles for good not evil.

Big opportunity in Raleigh Saturday against a very beatable State team. I agree last night was a game we had to have, it plugged the hole in a sinking ship, going to need start stringing some together to get back on track though.

I think this is a must win.

We need a road victory to make up for Clemson. This is our best shot.

Back