• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stand back, there's a hurricane coming: vs. Miami tonight

The good thing is that Ja'Quan Newton is really struggling in conference play. If Bryant can feed off what he has going last week and win that matchup big then I think Collins and Moore can hold their own inside for a win. I feel good about this one as well.

We really need to get a win tonight.

We should pound it inside.

Bill Russell used to say that basketball was a game of "runs," meaning one team would score a bunch of points in a row. He also said that the key to winning basketball games was to have longer or bigger runs than the opponent. Those "crap fests" are simply the other teams having their runs. Danny and the team need to find ways to shorten those runs from 4-5 minutes down to 1 or 2 minutes, and sustain their own runs for multiple minutes.

Or just play exactly as they have been. I'd love to see us to start playing like a top 25 team but that would be an unusual jump halfway through the season.

We don't need to do anything different to win tonight or get to 16 wins. That would be a successful season for year 3 of the rebuild.

We should pound it inside.

images

WAKE-81
U-68

Collins finally plays 30mins. Crawford continues to damage. Childress builds off his UNC performance

I know they haven't exactly played a murderous schedule, but nobody has scored over 73 against them.

I am so jaded!!! I'm sure i'll enjoy the 1st half tonight, and then have my heart ripped out again... Have we ever come out after a long break, and played a good game? Please prove me wrong Deacs! Please!

83-61 Miami... after a halftime score of 38-37 Wake in front.

I am so jaded!!! I'm sure i'll enjoy the 1st half tonight, and then have my heart ripped out again... Have we ever come out after a long break, and played a good game? Please prove me wrong Deacs! Please!

All. To. Familiar. Please dear god, not again.

The last two seasons we are 2-2 (3-1 ATS) in games following a layoff of 7 days or more.

I think it's far more likely that we win by 20+ than lose by 20+.

i think Wake gets the boat headed in the right direction.

wake - 86
miami - 78

The last two seasons we are 2-2 (3-1 ATS) in games following a layoff of 7 days or more.

Not to mention we won the second half last game by 9.

Looks like the bettors favor Miami. Started at Wake -1 and now it's Miami -1.5.

WAKE-81
U-68

Collins finally plays 30mins. Crawford continues to damage. Childress builds off his UNC performance

Collins is averaging 28 minutes per game over his last 4 games, even with the refs screwing him against UNC.

It'd be great if the light comes on for Childress. He seemed to kick it up a couple notches effort-wise in the UNC 2nd half. He needs to bring that level every minute he's on the court without forcing things.

Miami is a great matchup for us on paper. Could really use a bounce-back performance from Woods tonight.

Back