• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stand back, there's a hurricane coming: vs. Miami tonight

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
hurricanehelms.jpg

If this team is going to get 6 or 7 league wins, got to have this one. Hoping after a week off, we see a real strong effort tonight and show some improvements the rest of the season.

All we had to do was hire Larranaga instead of Bzdickinbutt and we'd have kept our status as a perennial top 25 program. Instead we're in year 7 of this dumpster fire.

All we had to do was hire Larranaga instead of Bzdickinbutt and we'd have kept our status as a perennial top 25 program. Instead we're in year 7 of this dumpster fire.

Thanks for the healthy reminder at 9:30 on this lovely Thursday!

It is time for the Deacs to start winning some games. No good effort shit tonight-- get up early and keep the pedal down all the way to the end. We need an LSU type performance!

It is really a depressing thought that we could've had Larranaga and Wellman went out and got Jeffry instead.Facepalm:sick::panda::fu:

It is really a depressing thought that we could've had Larranaga and Wellman went out and got Jeffry instead.Facepalm:sick::panda::fu:

I thought the consensus here was that Larranaga was too old. Was John Pelfrey not available?

We win and we win big. Irrational optimism from me today.

We shoot well, which overcomes their strong defense.

Wake Forest - 75
Miami - 59

The good thing is that Ja'Quan Newton is really struggling in conference play. If Bryant can feed off what he has going last week and win that matchup big then I think Collins and Moore can hold their own inside for a win. I feel good about this one as well.

We really need to get a win tonight.

I thought the consensus here was that Larranaga was too old. Was John Pelfrey not available?

He hasn't looked too old at Miami. He's really done a heck of a job there and that is not an easy place to win in hoops. I can remember when they didn't even have a mens basketball program.

hurricanehelms.jpg

If this team is going to get 6 or 7 league wins, got to have this one. Hoping after a week off, we see a real strong effort tonight and show some improvements the rest of the season.

I'm just hoping we can maintain our level of play for the rest of the season. Should net us a win tonight and 4-5 more.

If we beat Miami by 34 points then we would move into the top 30 of KP and likely be expected to win 9-10 conference games. That would be a large swing. Hope we can do it.

Bill Russell used to say that basketball was a game of "runs," meaning one team would score a bunch of points in a row. He also said that the key to winning basketball games was to have longer or bigger runs than the opponent. Those "crap fests" are simply the other teams having their runs. Danny and the team need to find ways to shorten those runs from 4-5 minutes down to 1 or 2 minutes, and sustain their own runs for multiple minutes.

Back