• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keyshawn is a warrior

Woods and Crawford combined for 34 points, 9 rebounds, and 14 assists last night. That's pretty damn good.

Also, playing Chill as primarily a ball-handler when he is in the game has allowed Mitch to be a spot-up shooter, which he has been doing well. Seems like everybody knows their role and it's well-defined within the team. Kudos to Manning for that.

And only 4 TOs.

I mean, he had a good game against a bottom tier ACC team. Not sure that is warrior status.

To me, besides Collins dominating inside, the biggest difference in the game was Crawfords 8 assist / 2 TO effort. If he can do that consistently, we will be in a LOT better shape down the stretch.

I also continue to like Chills development as a reliable PG, which as mentioned lets, MW play more off the ball, which is good since he is a ball stopper on O. MW's drives continue to be the worst thing (and the worst looking thing) we do on offense. Getting to the rim as a little guy is an innate skill, and he just doesnt have it.

One really troubling stat I also notices is ZERO (0) assists from MW and Chill in 45 mins of combined play. No bueno.

That stuck out to me as well.

Wait....didn't we just have a thread on him struggling in ACC play ? I dunno....thought I saw that. So now he's a warrior....good.

carry on

Wait....didn't we just have a thread on him struggling in ACC play ? I dunno....thought I saw that. So now he's a warrior....good.

carry on

He has fallen off shooting in conference play, but has increased his assist rate, defensive rebounding rate, lowered his turnover percentage, and is actively getting to the foul line more. He has 25 free throw attempts in 6 conference games and attempted 27 total in 12 OOC games. Definitely taking it to the rack and expanding his game.

With the amount of shooters we already have this is a pretty big thing for him to do to help out the team.

Woods is slowly figuring out that he is probably a lot stronger than he was two seasons ago when he last played intercollegiate games. He is now strong enough to drive and not suffer the fate of MW. That adds a dimension to his game that we are seeing round into shape. He drives, and gets fouled a lot, and makes a lot of his drives into three point plays. Changing from a pure spot up shooter to a multi-threat player (shoot three, drive and finish at the rim, drive and kick to open shooter) is paying dividends and should continue to do so.

So is Dinos willingness to bang and be strong down low. Teams have to play him because he does have a reputation as a good shooter. Leave him open at your peril. That makes him better able to feed the ball to Collins and requires other teams to double Collins from elsewhere - or try to play him 1 on 1. With the shooters on this year's Wake team, neither are good options unless you have superior basketball players.

One really troubling stat I also notices is ZERO (0) assists from MW and Chill in 45 mins of combined play. No bueno.

I choose to look at it more positively - wilbekin isn't a good passer or creator and therefore he is finally settling into his role of spot up shooter. Chill is a good passer but he lets the game get to fast for him at times as a freshman. I a, glad to see him using his strengths and not trying to be Chris Paul out there. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a few assists in the column but after watching last nights game, both players assumed their roles and did a solid job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, MW is getting there but he is still putting in 2 terrible drives per game.

Relating back to my previous comment about Crawford's 8/2 A/T, we only had 9 TOs yesterday. If we can do that we will be hard to beat.

We still don't have a consistent scorer who can get it done every night and pull us through. Collins is getting there, but he still gets in foul trouble and disappears.

The good news is we have enough shooters that we can handle 1-2 going cold on any given night. Arians and Dinos didn't have it last night but Woods and Chill picked us up last night. The trick going forward is getting guys to recognize who has the hot hand and letting them run.

We still are far from good, but man that Clemson loss hurts. We win that and we are 3-3 in a somewhat wide open ACC this year.

I actually thought Crawford had a spotty game last night. I had him with 4 to' s. He also had several drives where he threw up wild shots that did not get to the rim. He did come through when we needed him late.

He does a lot of coaching on the court. At one point he was showing Collins how to square up the Hurricane player to avoid fouls.

The good news is we have enough shooters that we can handle 1-2 going cold on any given night. Arians and Dinos didn't have it last night but Woods and Chill picked us up last night. The trick going forward is getting guys to recognize who has the hot hand and letting them run.

We still are far from good, but man that Clemson loss hurts. We win that and we are 3-3 in a somewhat wide open ACC this year.

Arians shot 50% last night, 7 pts, and took two big charges (one which should have been called). I actually really like his game and am glad to see him putting the ball on the floor a bit. If he can shoot 50percent and score 8-10 points a game I'll be very happy. That post move though.... WOOF.

Nice comeback from Chapel Hill game. Must have tried too hard? But Woods & Collins definitely made up for that game with a great effort last night! Much needed now let's get the entire team to fire on all cylinders.

Crawford is always switched on and Dinos/Arians/Wilbekin are all donks so Woods has to bring the swag we need to build momentum. When Miami cut it to 8 he hit a three and held the finish and it sent the message that we weren't losing the game.

Shetler-quiche-of-forest-mushrooms_closeup-690x460.jpg

path-in-grass-woods.jpg

Back