• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remaining basketball games

Gotta stop this NCAA talk. I'm feeling the vibes and I don't want to get hurt!

I'm feeling no such vibes. Don't we still have to play half our remaining ACC games on the road? When was the last time we won an ACC road game against a team not named BC in the last 6+ years?

Not sure the last time, but the next time is going to be Saturday. The game starts at 2, but the Foothills stand starts serving beer at 12:30. So, I'll be there at 12:30 drinking Torch Pils and getting ready to watch state fans pout.

Not sure the last time, but the next time is going to be Saturday. The game starts at 2, but the Foothills stand starts serving beer at 12:30. So, I'll be there at 12:30 drinking Torch Pils and getting ready to watch state fans pout.

You're excited about the potential of maybe beating a NIT at best caliber team? You're very easy to please. Are you going to have a side order of historically competitiveness with your Pils?

I'm feeling no such vibes. Don't we still have to play half our remaining ACC games on the road? When was the last time we won an ACC road game against a team not named BC in the last 6+ years?

Why the fuck are we lumping in a top 40 team with five teams outside the top 100 (2 of which were outside the top 200)?

Since past outcomes are the only predictor of future performance, it's no surprise we lived down to most fans' expectations and did not make a bowl this year

You're excited about the potential of maybe beating a NIT at best caliber team? You're very easy to please. Are you going to have a side order of historically competitiveness with your Pils?

I live in Raleigh and like Wake, beer, and watching State lose. You seem like a pretty upbeat guy.

I live in Raleigh and like Wake, beer, and watching State lose. You seem like a pretty upbeat guy.

Okay, if you live in Raleigh and enjoy watching State lose, then I get it. I hate State as well. But yeah, I am not upbeat about the state of our program and where we've been the last 7 years. And it's a shame because I like Danny and was initially hopeful he'd turn things around. But we're still hard to watch, especially on the defensive end.

Well the good news is that this team is not the same team we've fielded for the previous seven years.

Nope, non-BC ACC road wins are the only way to distinguish teams. This team is exactly the same as [Redacted]'s first team, there is no way to tell them apart. Watching this team is just as miserable. The games are too high scoring for my taste. There is literally no evidence that suggests improvement or hope for the future.

The State game is huge. We are really at a cross roads. We definitely look better, and should even be better next year. Win this game, and it could be a nice break through road win which we desperately need. Lose it, and we drop to 2-5, and have another road loss to a mediocre to poor team to pile onto the heap. Hoping we step up and take a W out of Raleigh.

The State game is huge. We are really at a cross roads. We definitely look better, and should even be better next year. Win this game, and it could be a nice break through road win which we desperately need. Lose it, and we drop to 2-5, and have another road loss to a mediocre to poor team to pile onto the heap. Hoping we step up and take a W out of Raleigh.

That this game is a yuge game says it all.

Since the turn of the century, Wake has been to the Sweet 16 one time. Your comments seem to imply until Wake is back competing for Final 4s things are still awful, but in reality even Childress, Howard, CP3, Teague, or Aminu was unable to do such a thing. Isn't being back in the NCAA tourney talk taking the program back to the where you were once happy w/ it?

Nope, non-BC ACC road wins are the only way to distinguish teams. This team is exactly the same as [Redacted]'s first team, there is no way to tell them apart. Watching this team is just as miserable. The games are too high scoring for my taste. There is literally no evidence that suggests improvement or hope for the future.

Take it easy Champ. Maybe you should sit the next couple of plays out.

It's a big game because we have to beat ourselves, not State. We have the talent and the coaching. We just need to get past the mental block that is preventing us from closing out games.

It is huge, moreso because of how telling it will be if we lose, not as much because of how good we are if we win. This team hasn't shown itself to be mentally tough, and quite the opposite with late game collapses. Losing on the road to another poor team will just magnify that. Need to put on our big boy pants and go to a hostile environment and take care of a team like State. I lost a lot of hope losing at home to Clemson the way we did. This game will be very telling as to whether that was an aberration or if we just aren't good.

There is a Foothills beer stand at PNC arena?

There is a Foothills beer stand at PNC arena?

There is sort of a restaurant area, that is not a bad place to watch the game. They stop selling beer 30 mins before the game starts. On the advice of a state friend, I bought cheap upper level tickets for $9, but will grab a table early and watch the game there.

Since the turn of the century, Wake has been to the Sweet 16 one time. Your comments seem to imply until Wake is back competing for Final 4s things are still awful, but in reality even Childress, Howard, CP3, Teague, or Aminu was unable to do such a thing. Isn't being back in the NCAA tourney talk taking the program back to the where you were once happy w/ it?

I acknowledge Skip's teams underachieved in the postseason and often on the defensive end. But we went through a stretch in the 90s and 00s where we went dancing 14 times and to the NIT 4 times in a 20 year span. While we never reached the promised land, we were usually a contender under Odom, Prosser and even Dino. I was happy with that. Compare that to now. We're still wandering in the desert with what, 4-5 ACC road wins in the last 7 seasons? And while we have some talent, we still don't have enough ACC caliber talent and still don't play decent defense. I watch this team and still don't consider it a tourney team. Sorry. I also think I underestimated just how badly Wellman and Buzzdick trashed our program and how difficult it was really going to be to rebuild.

Back