• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remaining basketball games

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Danny made his reputation and got the Wake job based on a fantastic end of the season run at Tulsa. As I look at our remaining schedule, I see 9 games we should have a good chance of winning. Win 8 of the 9 and we have a 20 win season. All the negativity goes away ad we would probably be in the big dance. Now is the time, Danny.

Danny made his reputation and got the Wake job based on a fantastic end of the season run at Tulsa. As I look at our remaining schedule, I see 9 games we should have a good chance of winning. Win 8 of the 9 and we have a 20 win season. All the negativity goes away ad we would probably be in the big dance. Now is the time, Danny.

Really?

giphy.gif

See your future. Be...your future. Make...make it! Make your future. I'm a veg, Danny.

I said a chance-- I see possible wins @ State; @ Syracuse; Duke here; @ BC; GaTech here; State here; @Clemson; Pitt here; Louisville here. Win 8 of those and we dance. Would be tough, but we should be in all those games IMO

When's the last time we won at State? Pretty sure it's been a long time.

I said a chance-- I see possible wins @ State; @ Syracuse; Duke here; @ BC; GaTech here; State here; @Clemson; Pitt here; Louisville here. Win 8 of those and we dance. Would be tough, but we should be in all those games IMO
You said a good chance. Very unlikely we win 8 of those 9 games.

I highlighted the games I think we have a legitimate chance of winning. At State and Clemson are possible, but I don't see it happening.

I would even take @BC off the board, and I'm as sunshine brigade as it gets. Until we actually win a road game, I'll believe it when I see it..... I've lost count of how bad our road record is the last several years. @BC and @VA when they both had horrible teams is all I recall. 12 years since we won @State? Why now? Clemson beat us here, why are we going to win there? Duke here? Duke is very good and getting healthy and used to playing with each other. They could still win it all. They and Kentucky struggle early with the revolving doors of young 1 or 2 and dones, then get back to FF's. @Syracuse? See @BC @Clemson, and @State.

Let's win 1 road game, and then we'll talk. Preferably after this weekend.... but not holding my breath.

I would even take @BC off the board, and I'm as sunshine brigade as it gets. Until we actually win a road game, I'll believe it when I see it..... I've lost count of how bad our road record is the last several years. @BC and @VA when they both had horrible teams is all I recall. 12 years since we won @State? Why now? Clemson beat us here, why are we going to win there? Duke here? Duke is very good and getting healthy and used to playing with each other. They could still win it all. They and Kentucky struggle early with the revolving doors of young 1 or 2 and dones, then get back to FF's. @Syracuse? See @BC @Clemson, and @State.

Let's win 1 road game, and then we'll talk. Preferably after this weekend.... but not holding my breath.

Why do people insist on comparing this team (a consensus top 40 team) to our teams the past 6 years (all outside the top 100)?

IIRC we have won 10 or 11 conference road games since 2005.

When did Jim Jones join the message boards?

So we are only winning 5-6 ACC games? I honestly think it's just as likely we win 10-11.

Love the optimism. Wish I was as confident. Think 8 is the likely ceiling with 6 a lot more likely than 10.

Back