• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins is #2 in KP's All-ACC Ratings

Also, any insight as to how JC went from pretty good to really damn good in one year? Dude can ball.

Also, any insight as to how JC went from pretty good to really damn good in one year? Dude can ball.

I hope Manning had a lot to do with it. I'd be nice to think he's that good at player development, given he's a weak in game coach.

wake-forest-basketball-1-edited.jpg

Btw, going #17 vs. going #27 isn't that big of a deal pay wise. It's something people don't realize. Like 2/3.5 gtd vs 2/2.5 gtd. 3/5.5 vs. 3/3.8 if 3rd year option is picked up.

It's not really worth it to delay your earnings for that kind of jump. If you end up improving and being good you will more than make up the difference by hitting RFA a year younger. In the NBA these days if you aren't a high pick it really comes down to judging what the odds you will receive a guaranteed NBA contract are. It's why most people that are confident they will get that gtd NBA deal leave.

Its a pretty big deal because at 17 you can be reasonably certain that you are going in the first. If he is a top 15 projection after this year he is almost certain to go. His stock has really sky rocketed. I think he would benefit from one more year, and realistically could be a top 10 or top 5 selection in the following draft, but I would understand if he wanted to go. We have a chance to have a pretty special team next year. It would be a shame if Collins wasn't there.

Devin was awful

I still think Collins is a tweener for the NBA and could use a other year to cut down on fouls and stretch his offensive game

I said after I had seen COLLINS play 5 games that he was the best big man we have had since Rogers other than Duncan, Johnson and AFA. I was right.

After watching Collins shred BC like that, I'm convinced he's gone. Hope not, but damn he can ball.

Is there a reason we don't play Moore at the 5 and JC at the 4 for stretches? As a guy that admittedly doesn't watch much hoops, seems like it could be an impossible duo to defend.

Is there a reason we don't play Moore at the 5 and JC at the 4 for stretches? As a guy that admittedly doesn't watch much hoops, seems like it could be an impossible duo to defend.

Doral's minutes backing up JC are important when JC has foul trouble... no other options really. They're both foul prone, so they're almost always staggered.

Also I don't think they work well offensively together. They're both black holes of usage, on the good for JC and usually on the not so good for Doral.

Last edited:

It would help Collins stay out of foul trouble but stay on the court. It would avoid some of the ole D from Collins as well.

Dinos isn't even really a 4th shooter nowadays. He's last on the team in 3PA and only hitting 22% in ACC play.

No double foul tonight at least!

Back