• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins is #2 in KP's All-ACC Ratings

Our offense isn't the problem. In the last 5 minutes of our 4 close ACC losses we are averaging .97 points per 100 possessions and giving up 1.46. While that offensive mark isn't good by any means, the defensive mark is simply atrocious.

If you take out the Clemson game (where the offense was admittedly the problem) those numbers become 1.31 points per 100 possessions for the offense and 1.55 for the defense.

I don't care how well you move the ball you aren't going to win many close games if the other team scores 1.5 points every time down the floor.

What are the numbers for Clemson and Duke only. Those are the games we were killing off the game with leads. In Syracuse and UNC we were losing most of the last 5 minutes which isn't what I'm talking about at all.

In the last 3 games over half of the 45 points scored against us in the last 5 minutes were by the opposing team's starting SF.

But Brown's definitely not going to help this team. We suck and Collins should get out now before he's ruined by Manning and the stink of losing.

Next year is going to be a much weaker draft though. I don't think it's a huge stretch at this point to think that if Collins adds some muscle in the off-season, can reliably extend the floor a bit by adding a 3 pointer to his game, and keeps putting up these numbers without fouling, that he can be a top 5 draft pick in 2018.

Hopefully that's what the coaching staff is pitching to him. Ryan Horn is also a really good strength guy, so that helps too.

So it's a 40-45% bump.

At this point, we're talking about if Collins should stay to be a top 5 pick next year. He looks like a clear 1st rounder. #ihopemyteampickshim

There is only 1 player (Raab) that returned to school last year when he was very likely (80-90%+) to be a top 40 pick and get an NBA deal gtd. In the draftexpress mock from yesterday there are 0 players in top 13 and 1 in top 18 that were draft eligible the previous year. Everyone leaves that will be picked these days.

What are the numbers for Clemson and Duke only. Those are the games we were killing off the game with leads. In Syracuse and UNC we were losing most of the last 5 minutes which isn't what I'm talking about at all.

Clemson was .16 (you read that right) and 1.25.

Duke was 1.0 and 2.14 (you read that right).

Very unlikely Collins could get up to top 5.

There is only 1 player (Raab) that returned to school last year when he was very likely (80-90%+) to be a top 40 pick and get an NBA deal gtd. In the draftexpress mock from yesterday there are 0 players in top 13 and 1 in top 18 that were draft eligible the previous year. Everyone leaves that will be picked these days.

57571407.jpg

Let me clarify: I don't think Collins is definitely gone. He could go thru the full process after the season and the results could show he is questionable to be picked top 35-40. But I don't think it's very likely he gets a first round grade and comes back. Just because very few players do that anymore.

The new rules should help us a bit because he will hear exactly where he should be picked instead of just a guess.

He should definitely declare and get that info before deciding.

the new rules do not help us at all

You're right in the sense that it depends on how he is actually graded out. It certainly helps him to make the best decision.

If he gets feedback that he will be fringe first round then it certainly could help us if by the end of the year he is projected 15-20 on most draft websites.

before if you were projected in the 20s, declaring and withdrawing was pointless... it was still a leap of faith. safer move is coming back to guarantee 1st round.

now if you are projected in the 20s, you get tons of feedback and possible promise you're going to be picked in the 1st round. JC is trending up not down, he seems like he'll get encouraging feedback.

good for him and players, bad for our odds of keeping him 1 more year.

I'm sure some of that had to do with the hype surrounding this year's draft. I'd be interested to see how well the trend holds over a couple of years.

I'm also interested to see how the new two way contracts change the calculus. I imagine a lot of teams are going to try and put their second round picks on two-way deals to save money while still keeping a player's rights.

This thread is depressing. I mean good for Collins, but just when I get excited about wake hoops again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love John Collins and I'm asking NBA GM's to love him too. Next year though.

He's hovered around the top all season. He is currently 4th in the nation. Wisconsin big man Ethan Happ #1 right now.

He's hovered around the top all season. He is currently 4th in the nation. Wisconsin big man Ethan Happ #1 right now.

Saw a stat that Happ has only made one shot in his college career from outside the lane. Hilarious.

Collins is so damn good. I just hope it isn't all just his natural talent and Manning is really that good at developing big men, since his in game coaching seems to stink.

Was about to start a thread about whether Collins is as good as I think he is, and apparently he is. I only watch Wake, and only a limited amount, so evaluating whether he's a 1st round talent isn't possible. Sounds like he is? If so, he should go. Hell of a player.

Back